Adding The Gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Does anyone use the O2 diffuser stone that is chambered in an in-line boil kettle drain line? I'm curious how popular these are as I have never seen reference to them in any forum. Perhaps someone has choked at the SS version and just made a copper one?

My guess is most are either using straight O2 and diffuser stone, pre-pitch time, in the primary, or an airstone with an aquarium pump. I know a lot of people still just rock or shake....

For an example to those that haven't even come across the ads:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/16613/102281

I think these look awesome but are cost inhibitive (at least for me, now). I just use an aquarium pump and 2 micron air-stone. I start a whirlpool once my wort is at 80 degF and also add the air-stone in at that point. Over the next ~half hour my wort finishes chilling to pitching temps, whirlpool settles, and gets aerated. I have found this works great and I wouldn't save any time with my current setup switching to O2.

That said, my idea setup is different than I have now and an awesome sanitary fittinged inline aeration system would be awesome.

Back