HopsDirect.com is the best!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joutlaw

Reaction score
So I ordered 3lbs of hops from hopsdirect.com

One pound of each:
Whole Cascade
Whole East Kent Golding
Pellets Hersbrucker(all they had at the time)

I got my scale out to measure, b/c I couldn't believe the size of the box they came... and not to mention the weight seemed over.

Ended up to be

1lb 15oz of Cascades
1lb 8oz of EKG
1lb 4oz of Hersbrucker

These guys rule. All of that for $30 shipped

No my problem is finding enough space to store these big ole bags :)

joutlaw said:
I didn't actually way mine when I got em, but I suspected those pillows held more than a lb.

I took mine out of the bags, stuffed and compressed as many as I could in a gallon baggy, then forced all the air out. Then I wrapped each baggy in aluminum foil and stuck it in a gallon freezer bag. Each pillow yielded three smaller bags that are easier to stuff in the freezer.

El Pistolero said:
I didn't actually way mine when I got em, but I suspected those pillows held more than a lb.

I took mine out of the bags, stuffed and compressed as many as I could in a gallon baggy, then forced all the air out. Then I wrapped each baggy in aluminum foil and stuck it in a gallon freezer bag. Each pillow yielded three smaller bags that are easier to stuff in the freezer.

Sounds like you need a foodsaver! Vacuum seal those babies!!!!!!!!!

ORRELSE said:
Sounds like you need a foodsaver! Vacuum seal those babies!!!!!!!!!

I FoodSave mine. EXCELLENT way to store them. Plus, you can make individual ounces, and other graduations.

Also, HopsDirect is very customer friendly. I sent them an email thanking them for the great hops, as well as thanking them for the great customer service. Also, I asked a few hops questions as well. They answered all my questions, and are actually researching one for me.

ALSO, they expressed great thanks for my kind words to them, and passed them on to all of their people. They sent me a PowerPoint DVD for the kind words. It shows their whole operation, from first planting to shipping out, and gives a little insight into their operation and family business. What a great bunch of people.

Just got my first order from HopsDirect.

Rhizomes (Nugget & Cascade). Guess these do well in hotter arid climates.

#1 Cascade was actually 2#
#1 Nugget was actually 1.85#

A lot of hops. Foodsaver is going to get a workout now.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

joutlaw said:
So I ordered 3lbs of hops from hopsdirect.com

One pound of each:
Whole Cascade
Whole East Kent Golding
Pellets Hersbrucker(all they had at the time)

I got my scale out to measure, b/c I couldn't believe the size of the box they came... and not to mention the weight seemed over.

Ended up to be

1lb 15oz of Cascades
1lb 8oz of EKG
1lb 4oz of Hersbrucker

These guys rule. All of that for $30 shipped

Same experience here. I've got a ton of Northern Brewer, E C Goldings, and Cascade. I guess I will learn to love these 3 varieties.
Hey,
Maybe some of us could swap some hops.
Ever been to a Hop Swap?:ban:

Back