CO2 Question / Problem pouring beer out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micmacman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i know there's a lot of thread on this forum talking about leak and co2 problem but i have a very special questions and can't find the answer out there.

I've connected my draft system all together and it works fine. My regulator is set to 7psi. What i don't understand is that every time i pour a beer in a glass, the pression on my regulator goes down.

1 glass : 7 psi
2 glass : 5 psi
3 glass : 2 psi
4 glass : 0 psi

so the third glass pour out really slow and flat. And even if i wait a couple of hour after, the psi doesnt raise. I need to raise it manually every time i pour 3-4 beer.

Look to me anormal. Is it ?

Did you carb the beer 1st? 7 psi is flat in my book I set most between 10-12 psi let it sit for 2-3 weeks at that pressure ( I set the seal with 30psi vent 2 times). Is the tank valve opened all the way?

Are you sure the valve on the tank is actually open all the way?? Look at the handle and make sure it's actually open. If the tank valve isn't actually open, no more gas will go out.

Did you carb the beer 1st? 7 psi is flat in my book I set most between 10-12 psi let it sit for 2-3 weeks at that pressure ( I set the seal with 30psi vent 2 times). Is the tank valve opened all the way?

Yeah the beer has been force carbed. 7psi is my serving pressure. even at 10-12 same thing happen.

Yes the tank valve is opened all the way. Just double checked 2 min ago.

Yeah the beer has been force carbed. 7psi is my serving pressure. even at 10-12 same thing happen.

Yes the tank valve is opened all the way. Just double checked 2 min ago.

You've got a serious problem with your system then. If everything is open, as it's supposed to be, then the tank will feed CO2 into the keg as you pull pints from it. Unless the tank is empty that is. You did get it filled up, or pick up a full CO2 tank, right??

You've got a serious problem with your system then. If everything is open, as it's supposed to be, then the tank will feed CO2 into the keg as you pull pints from it. Unless the tank is empty that is. You did get it filled up, or pick up a full CO2 tank, right??

yeah its a brand new co2 tank. Did the same thing with another one i tried. Doesnt seem to come from the tank.

Then sounds like your regulator is buggered. Is it brand new or used? Also, if you got the tank shipped, you need to get it filled up. :D

Bought it brand new at my lhbs about 1 month ago. Maybe there's something i'm not doing right but can't figure out what. This is my first kegerator and the second batch i keg.

my regulator is plugged on a 3 ways splitter. Both valve are open. The Co2 tank is brand new and has been filled 2 days ago at my lhbs. One end of the splitter goes to the keg , the other is used for the beergun and the third one isn't used. The keg is connected to my beer tower and when i pull the shank everything goes well. Until 3-4 glass later my regulator is set back to 0 and i need to raise it to serving pressure again

Even new parts can sometimes fail.

Sounds like a regulator issue to me.

Can you get another one to try out and eliminate or confirm if its the problem.

Cheers :mug:

Even new parts can sometimes fail.

Sounds like a regulator issue to me.

Can you get another one to try out and eliminate or confirm if its the problem.

Cheers :mug:

yeah i will try to get a new one as soon as possible and give you some feedback.

Thanks

Cheer and Beer :mug:

Pictures would also help.

Here are some pics of the setup. Hope this help ! Damn sorry for up side down pic

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

I had this problem also, but with a secondary regulator. I swapped it out for a new one and that seemed to solve the problem. I think your best bet is swapping it.

Dizzy from those rotated pics :drunk:

Take the tank and regulator to the lhbs and see if the issue happens there. Or just bring the entire gas side to them. I would also get a Taprite regulator. I've had zero issues with either of mine..

I had this problem also, but with a secondary regulator. I swapped it out for a new one and that seemed to solve the problem. I think your best bet is swapping it.

Alright thanks, i guess i'm gonna need a new one. It's not so cool cause it's brand new haha

Dizzy from those rotated pics :drunk:

Take the tank and regulator to the lhbs and see if the issue happens there. Or just bring the entire gas side to them. I would also get a Taprite regulator. I've had zero issues with either of mine..

Alright Thank you very much :)

No how is he raising the pressure if he has to keep tightening the screw to get more gas in, it would bottom out the gas is being used to carb/push beer the why would be "why is it not continuing to push gas" maybe the pin is sticking

Wait a minute. I might be lost but here is what I saw in the pics.

The red lines are gas lines. He goes from the regulator to a dist block. Then from the block to the keg. All good. Now I see that he has clear beer lines. The pics don't show where the clear beer line goes but I see a clear beer line hooked up to the gas distribution block. Is that a mistake or am I seeing that right? The beer line should not go to the distribution block it should only go to the faucet. Maybe I am looking at something wrong but I see in one of the pics a clear beer line which appears to be hooked up to the gas distribution block. The block is only used to split up the gas lines so that you can run more than one keg at a time provided they can all use the same pressure.

EDIT: looking at the last pic, maybe he has clear beer line going somewhere else. That valve is shut off anyhow so that is fine I guess. It just seems odd to have clear beer line hooked up to the distribution block.

I would try and disconnect the tank and open and close the valve quickly. While this won't tell you how much CO2 is in your tank it will tell you if it is empty. If you had a gas leak somewhere you may have lost your CO2. It has happened to others in the past if you missed a connection when hooking up all the new lines.

Interesting this should come up. I just had this issue lastnight. Turns out my 10# tank is empty. I hooked up the 20# tank that I just got from my cousin but that is about gone as well. Enough to continue the FC and get my 10# swapped. I will then go back and swap the 20# when I get home.

Wait a minute. I might be lost but here is what I saw in the pics.

The red lines are gas lines. He goes from the regulator to a dist block. Then from the block to the keg. All good. Now I see that he has clear beer lines. The pics don't show where the clear beer line goes but I see a clear beer line hooked up to the gas distribution block. Is that a mistake or am I seeing that right? The beer line should not go to the distribution block it should only go to the faucet. Maybe I am looking at something wrong but I see in one of the pics a clear beer line which appears to be hooked up to the gas distribution block. The block is only used to split up the gas lines so that you can run more than one keg at a time provided they can all use the same pressure.

EDIT: looking at the last pic, maybe he has clear beer line going somewhere else. That valve is shut off anyhow so that is fine I guess. It just seems odd to have clear beer line hooked up to the distribution block.

I would try and disconnect the tank and open and close the valve quickly. While this won't tell you how much CO2 is in your tank it will tell you if it is empty. If you had a gas leak somewhere you may have lost your CO2. It has happened to others in the past if you missed a connection when hooking up all the new lines.

The clear line is a gas line for my beergun when i want to bottle thanks

Take the quick disconnect (gas side) off the keg and push the QD poppet in with your finger. Watch the pressure gauge, does it go to zero?

I disconnected the gas line from the keg and pressed the pin with my finger, the pressure gauge went down to zero. Guess my reg is screwed ?

I disconnected the gas line from the keg and pressed the pin with my finger, the pressure gauge went down to zero. Guess my reg is screwed ?

Take everything up to the keg to the LHBS you got it from (CO2 tank, regulator, manifold, etc.). Have THEM figure out what's wrong and correct it for you. There's no way you should have this issue with brand new hardware.

Take everything up to the keg to the LHBS you got it from (CO2 tank, regulator, manifold, etc.). Have THEM figure out what's wrong and correct it for you. There's no way you should have this issue with brand new hardware.

Alright , will do tomorrow .

Thanks

Back