Draft pulls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZFrag

Reaction score
I had a valve in my Keezer stick. I actually broke a pull when trying to unstick it. I started to look at buying a pull, but couldn't find any that I like that was affordable. What do you guys have? Where did you buy? Any plans for making your own?

Unless you get a rear sealing faucet (like Perlick) you need to flush/clean your faucet regularly otherwise the get stuck with beer gum. Just a hazard of the hobby.

I think the perlick is a forward sealing faucet. I just got one and boy is it nice. Only problem is the handle seats very far back if I want to replace all my faucets I'm going to have to install about a 1/2" think trim board to shim out the shanks.

What about your pulls? I have to replace the one a bought. I have 2 faucets, so for them to match, I'll need to buy 2. Unless, I replace the cheap black plastic one that came with the faucet. I would like to build one. Anyone got plans?

Go to the auto supply store, get a gear shift handle. Works great. Ive got a skull and 8 ball handles on my kegerator!

You can also get inserts to put in other items to convert them into tap handles. I have several on hand (most brass, but a couple of stainless steel ones). I have some elk horn in storage that I'll be looking at making into handles once I've moved. Just a matter of putting a correct size hole in the horn (once cut to size) and gluing the insert in.

You can also use a nut in something. Get a 3/8-16 nut to use and you're set. Epoxy/glue it to/into what you want to use and it's done.

BTW, I have all 525 and 575 series Perlick faucets and have no sticking issues at all. I only clean them when I change the kegs (run PBW, water, then StarSan solution through them). At that time, I also use a brush to break free anything that could be built up in the spout.

Back