Coffin Keezer List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not a member when I built mine but here are a few pics. Finished 8/30/12.

image-119082835.jpg

image-1335235345.jpg

image-198089814.jpg

I am interested in seeing how allot of these awesome designs open up to the kegs. If there r photos of the inside I would lovr to

I am interested in seeing how allot of these awesome designs open up to the kegs. If there r photos of the inside I would lovr to

Most people have pictures of their keezers open in their actual build threads - just click on the image (on this list) and it will take you to the build thread.

why isn't this a sticky?

I've just went through the DYI forum, ran a search for keezer... and opened about 20 tabs to look at builds...

LoL

great thread, sticky vote here!

buriedlie said:
Here's mine.

The only thing I would change is the wood I used. I know you may have heard that before. I have gotten away with mediocre wood in the past. This time I tried to save $100 and probably spent at least that plus extra weeks after it all twisted. The wood also decided that it didn't like to be stained so had to use gel. Messy.

What kind of fridge are you using? Any chance you could tell me how you're running the lines up like that out of the fridge without the exposed parts cooling down?

What kind of fridge are you using?

I am pretty sure he is using a chest freezer (that's the -eezer in keezer) hooked up to a temp controller like most of us.

Any chance you could tell me how you're running the lines up like that out of the fridge without the exposed parts cooling down?

Simply cut a hold in the lid and insulate whatever space you run the lines into. Use a fan to circulate the air in and out of that space if you like.

Not quite finished but thought I would post some pics. I still need to attach tile, wire up light, and attach backsplash. I used a GE 5.0 cu. ft. freezer Holds 2 5 gal cornies, and a 3 gal on the hump. I can't wait for this to be completed.

keezer-1-57642.jpg

keezer-2-57643.jpg

Some of yalls work makes me feel like a lazy schmuck.

I did the costco keezer and hit just about every snag there was to hit. If anyone needs help feel free to contact me.

I would like to build one of theses soon, but I'm not sure if I want to do just a collar or have a tower on top. The ones with tile on top look really nice but with all that extra weight, isn't it a big pain in the ass getting in and out of it?

I would like to build one of theses soon, but I'm not sure if I want to do just a collar or have a tower on top. The ones with tile on top look really nice but with all that extra weight, isn't it a big pain in the ass getting in and out of it?

my lid is pretty heavy, i just use a piece of 1x4 as a prop rod to hold it up while I am in and out of it.

Yeah definitely, I need to do a search and update soon, possibly tomorrow, but I definitely added it to the spreadsheet and will add it to the thread! I need to make time for myself to look for new ones every week - I always forget and then have weeks of threads to comb through!

Year update -

2007 - 1
2008 - 1
2009 - 7
2010 - 18
2011 - 43
2012 - 54
2013 - 28
2014 - 9

Has the popularity of coffin keezers gone down? Or just posting them to the intarwebs? Only time will tell... :p

Year update -

2007 - 1
2008 - 1
2009 - 7
2010 - 18
2011 - 43
2012 - 54
2013 - 28
2014 - 9

Has the popularity of coffin keezers gone down? Or just posting them to the intarwebs? Only time will tell... :p

I built a keezer late last year. Hope to coffin it this year.

Back