What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am drinking my hard cider mixed with 'Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon Apple Pie'. There doesn't appear to be a shame emoticon, or I'd use it.

On the bright side the brett I bottled the cider with, or something from the spontaneous fermentation, appears to be making some CO2. CO2 hasn't dissolved and it is still pretty flat, but as long as I don't mix it with anymore terrible schnappshine, it could be pretty decent.

I'm also trying to make applejack on the porch.

Wow, fake shine and Nascar related, thats double shame for you! Lol

I can only like a post once, so I'll quote you. I think I'm on my third, so that's shame to the eighth power. :drunk:

Warning, this is pedantic:
Shame to third power, 2^3=8, but "shame to the eighth power" would mean (shame)^8

Got this in an emaw. Pretty tasty. uploadfromtaptalk1389064369406.jpg

It's not but damn they are tastey. They are my special whiskey. Still have the first bottle I bought from them. Need to get another rimfire.

I lied. Some apple pie moonshine now

Agreed. I have really enjoyed the Rimfire and have yet to open the bourbon. Haven't picked up the rye yet.

Milk with this fudge brownie cheesecake. Jesus, I'm turning into a fat slob.

Agreed. I have really enjoyed the Rimfire and have yet to open the bourbon. Haven't picked up the rye yet.

All worth picking up. Rim fire is my favorite

I don't math real good. Is shame squared to the third the same as shame to the eighth?

If I remember correctly and not drunk the (shame ^2)^3 is shame^6 so not shame^8

We're drunks here not mathematicians. I say we all get smashed and forget the numbers... Just killed a G'Knight and think I'm gonna chase that with a Ten Fidy

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Oh, it happened. Saw it at the supermarket and brought one home. Small cheesecake. The wife and I finished it. A cold, cold glass of milk was the best part. I'll have to get another. So good.

That was my snack for the day as I have not had a brew.

With fudge brownie cheesecake and memories of hot chocolate, I couldn't resist... Had to have one.

1389065739914.jpg

All worth picking up. Rim fire is my favorite

If I remember correctly and not drunk the (shame ^2)^3 is shame^6 so not shame^8

That is correct.
giphy.gif

I actually do math pretty well when I'm drunk since it is all memorization. I would stop studying an hour before a test and go have a beer because normally you can't learn much in the last hour that you hadn't already covered and the beer helped me relax (I also discovered getting a song stuck in my head helped me on tests because it distracted me, for 2 years I would listen to "Three Little Birds" about 5 times right before the test started).

It was more fudge brownie than it was cheesecake. So floccin' good it hurts to not have extra.

Y'all need to stop trying to do math before you hurt yourselves.

(shame^2)^3=shame^5.

But you're forgetting that an 8 looks like a 3 contemplating itself in a mirror. So if we add that 3 to our 5 it yields 8. So Gabe's original formula was correct.

Factor in the rest of the fake shine and that 8 falls horizontal. We all know a horizontal 8 represents infinity, in this case Gabe's infinite shame which was inevitable the moment he bought that bottle of fake shine.

You're welcome. Need any more math done, just let me know. :mug:

That is correct.

I actually do math pretty well when I'm drunk since it is all memorization. I would stop studying an hour before a test and go have a beer because normally you can't learn much in the last hour that you hadn't already covered and the beer helped me relax (I also discovered getting a song stuck in my head helped me on tests because it distracted me, for 2 years I would listen to "Three Little Birds" about 5 times right before the test started).

I always loved math. I still have my calculus book which I need to take a look at and do some of of the problems again. True, You don't learn crap an hr before before the test. I used to study with a few beers and music. I studied so mich for college it was scary. If i wasnt working i was studying or occationally studying. I actually snuck some crown to the library to study with haha. I wish I started brewing when in college. I'll start a brew club there.

Glad to see I made you guys do some math lol. Having my Barista Brown coffee brown and eying that bomber of my year aged oaked barleywine for after dinner.

(shame^2)^3=shame^5.

But you're forgetting that an 8 looks like a 3 contemplating itself in a mirror. So if we add that 3 to our 5 it yields 8. So Gabe's original formula was correct.

Factor in the rest of the fake shine and that 8 falls horizontal. We all know a horizontal 8 represents infinity, in this case Gabe's infinite shame which was inevitable the moment he bought that bottle of fake shine.

No (shame^2)^3 = (shame^2) (shame^2) (shame^2)= shame^6

Ha

(shame^2)^3=shame^5.

shame^5 = (shame^2)*(shame^3)
You add multiplied exponents but multiply them if they are on top of one another.
Ex:
(2^2)^3 = (2*2)*(2*2)*(2*2) = 2^6
(2^2)*(2^3) = (2*2)*(2*2*2) = 2^5

HB RIPA that is a number of months old now. Kind of slight sour taste, almost no more hops. This batch I was just starting to learn about how to handle specialty malts and put in a pound each of melanoidin and carafoam (!).

Edit: also, what the floc was I thinking putting honey malt in an IPA? This does not work at all, not at all sir. At least not in this beer.

Saving the Ten Fidy for another day and dipped into some tangelo wine instead. Excited for harvest in about a month to make more. And more fresh squeezed skeeter pee. That sh!te don't last long at all

Had to crack one of these while watching them brew it on Beer Geeks on the dvr. Suppose to be cellaring for another year or two. Oops. Love this beer

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

2014-01-07 04.34.09.jpg

We all know a horizontal 8 represents infinity, in this case Gabe's infinite shame which was inevitable the moment he bought that bottle of fake shine.

Infinte shame? Maybe. Buy I did not.
yoda-o.gif

Agreed - great game. No dog in this one, but I can't watch a game without picking a team. Looks like I picked the wrong one.

Last time Auburn was in the national championship i routed for them, but now I have a boss who is from there and had to route against them.

Back