Bargain Fittings is AWESOME, here is why.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the coil is supported only by the weldless fittings?

Are you wishing you would have used 20 gallon pots? ;) I got a 15 bayou classic, and sometimes wish I had spent the few extra bucks on the larger one.

So, the coil is supported only by the weldless fittings?

Are you wishing you would have used 20 gallon pots? ;) I got a 15 bayou classic, and sometimes wish I had spent the few extra bucks on the larger one.

For this application, the 20's werent going to work for me. Wasnt an economic thing, it was a design thing.

Yes, the fittings support the coil

Is it better to have the Kettle/recirc location closer to the bottom of the vessel or the top? I am about to hard plumb a tube so I can whirlpool after the boil.

Well, I dont think it matters. You are really just trying to move the wort around the coil. Mine will shoot the wort at the coil in a circular motion. I can adjust the SS recirc arm so that is shoots higher or lower on the coil. Say between the 3 and 7 gallon marks.

At about 9-10 gal/min flow the whirlpool action should be spectacular.

Just using a march pump?

No, using the LG 3-MD-HC

Finished Pump... both are identical.
Temp. reading at inlet
P1030697.JPG

Finally got my fittings on! Check it:

DSCF7162_001.sized.jpg

Looks like I ordered the 1" SS Nut for the water heater element but not the silicon o-ring. I'm guessing one of the dozens of rubber O-rings I have won't work. Though can't these be found at Lowes or I'm thinking at car parts places?

Also check out my $34.99 Home Depot score:

DSCF7159.sized.jpg

I'm interested to see how your pump tests go....my pots all have 1/2" couplers on them, so I'm ultimately limited to that size even though the pump's inlet is 3/4". If it works good on your gear, I won't worry as much. :mug: Right now I'm considering installing a 3/4" bottom drain in my new rig.

I'm interested to see how your pump tests go....my pots all have 1/2" couplers on them, so I'm ultimately limited to that size even though the pump's inlet is 3/4". If it works good on your gear, I won't worry as much. :mug: Right now I'm considering installing a 3/4" bottom drain in my new rig.

The pump outlet is only 1/2", meaning 3/8" ID, so I dont know that larger plumbing matters a lot.

The pump outlet is only 1/2", meaning 3/8" ID, so I dont know that larger plumbing matters a lot.

Not so much on the outlet as the inlet. I want to feed that beast as much as possible so it can do its job. It would be a short section of pipe and fittings for only one vessel (in my system...which is just in my head right now :) )....I think it could be worthwhile.

+1 on the grat service from Wayne at bargain fittings. Just installed my sight gauge and it is perfect. One question though (off topic): what size eyebolt for securing the top of the 3/8 tubing?

And Pol, damn, that's sick. You have a stainless fetish.

Latest posts

Back