clarifying tabs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrbetz

Reaction score
Im pondering the thought of using whirlock tabs in my next brew. I've never used them before and wanted to know if they actually work, and if they will screw up any secondary or bottling? Any thoughts?

Extract brewing doesn't benefit as much from a clarifying agent (like Whirlfloc or Irish Moss) as does all-grain, but it can still help a little bit with beer clarity in the extract process. I've used both, in extract and AG, and prefer to use it...especially in lighter beers where you expect more clarity. I have not experienced any ill effects from it's use, for what it's worth. It's pretty much essential for me these days, since I've converted to AG.

Extract brewing doesn't benefit as much from a clarifying agent (like Whirlfloc or Irish Moss) as does all-grain, but it can still help a little bit with beer clarity in the extract process. I've used both, in extract and AG, and prefer to use it...especially in lighter beers where you expect more clarity. I have not experienced any ill effects from it's use, for what it's worth. It's pretty much essential for me these days, since I've converted to AG.

Does it affect the carbonation when you bottle?

Back