Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Hops, I've been visiting friends and family out in Ohio and Pennsylvania, I'll be passing back through to Chicago the end of July and can stop by brewtensils or the hops shack to avoid shipping costs on the way to pick up cheap hops that don't get bought in the group buy. Personally I'd like to grab some EKG, I've been lacking English brews.

maybe we can do both? a buy from the distributor and a variety buy... if you dont mind tbu. EKG is fine with me if mcm has them in stock.

im fine with hops right now, i just got 3lbs from hopshack last week, it may not last till harvest but i think my next bigger hops buy will be for 2012 crop
For the grain i will be for 3-4sacks and 1-2 splits

wegz15 said:
maybe we can do both? a buy from the distributor and a variety buy... if you dont mind tbu. EKG is fine with me if mcm has them in stock.

That's what I was thinking, but hop supplies could be running low as someone at Brewtensils the last time I was there said they had gotten their last shipment until next years harvest. Although the hops shack seems to have an unlimited supply of $7 pounds of hops. Definitely something to keep an eye on, also there's a guy in Ohio selling $12 pounds of organic cascade and nugget. People in Ohio are hop crazy or something.

wegz15 said:
hey bill... why not just start the buy?

Dunno. Wanted to make sure there was enough interest. Should we start another group buy?

I'm new to group buys but I'd be in for at least 2 sacks. Is there any way I could get an idea of prices?

I would be interested in 1-2 sacks each of Pale Malt and Maris Otter if we get this group buy organized.

If we start now i will be in few sacks but if we wait i will buy more in a month or two, either way im in
Dunno. Wanted to make sure there was enough interest. Should we start another group buy?

Polboy said:
If we start now i will be in few sacks but if we wait i will buy more in a month or two, either way im in

If you wait there may not be space for more sacks. :)

metic said:
I'm new to group buys but I'd be in for at least 2 sacks. Is there any way I could get an idea of prices?

About $35 for 2 row. About $.050-$0.80 a pound

dammit, all this grain discussion got me distracted and i just dry hopped my amber in primary instead of transferring and collecting yeast. Now i dont have yeast for wednesday brewing, its either trip to lhbs or starter with 1 pack of old notty
Its all your fault guys

I'd be in for a couple of bags of 2 row and maybe half a bag of TF amber malt if someone wants to spilt it. And more specialty malts too.

This brings up another point. I'm kind of leaning towards requesting that split orders be worked out amongst the participants. I prefer to deal with whole sacks only. Doing the split orders gets to be rather tedious.

Neopol, do you need a pallet or two of grain?

Bill, I am getting close, finally all the fementers bubbling away..damn thats alot of work. I can certainly commit to 10+/- easily.

I wont screw around with any splits...Ill commit to that as well, unless outside of the buy.

I'd be in for some sacks of 2row, pils and probably munich or wheat....have to see how much I have left

Bmason,
I think it will take off. Some guys from B.O.S.S are slain interested in this. I will get the info from them. If you need help with anything let me know.
Bill

so how much interest so far? a pallet? Maybe I should start a Group Buy #5 thread.

Sweet, this would be my first group buy. Count me in for at least four sacks- 2 row, MO , Pils and Munich.

Dan

Anyone have the spreadsheet from this GB? I found a bag of specialty grain and I cant figure out what it was :cross: I know it was a 3 or 4 way split and its dark ~60L.

Anyone have the spreadsheet from this GB? I found a bag of specialty grain and I cant figure out what it was :cross: I know it was a 3 or 4 way split and its dark ~60L.

I killed most of the PMs from this buy but I did run across a partial spreadsheet I was using to count the % of people paid and you're not on it. Any chance it was a previous buy? You commented on one of the first pages you weren't ready yet.

I killed most of the PMs from this buy but I did run across a partial spreadsheet I was using to count the % of people paid and you're not on it. Any chance it was a previous buy? You commented on one of the first pages you weren't ready yet.

I think the last time RC0032 bought grain was the summer 2011. Rich, you need to brew more!

I was part of a split for a bag of Crystal II. Believe it was approximately like a Crystal 60. At least that's what I'm using it for.

I think the last time RC0032 bought grain was the summer 2011. Rich, you need to brew more!
No I was in 4...I think.

I was part of a split for a bag of Crystal II. Believe it was approximately like a Crystal 60. At least that's what I'm using it for.
This is what I think it is!! Thats even what I sent to Bill in a text!

here is the pic of a label on the bag.

scaled.php

Very nice! The mystery is solved! I will try to not loose track of grain in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back