Christmas give away six-pack ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby_Brew

Reaction score
I don't want to be late this year with my X-mas give away six pack. Especially if I wanted to brew something stronger, like Christmas beer or winter warmer, I need to start now.
I'm gonna brew Christmas Ale, IPA... But what else to put in the six pack?

What ever you have ready.... I'd do a mix of maybe a pale ale, stout...etc with you Christmas brew. Give people the chance to try a little of everything.... Just my HO.

I made an imperial stout that had maple syrup in it that would go perfect in a Christmas 6-pack. Good fire-side beer:mug:

I'm starting a winter beer for holiday gifts this next weekend.

It's a 50.5 IBU, 1.105 OG Strong Ale with Crystal 60, 120 and chocolate malt, hopped with Galena and a Willamette late addition. I'm going to dry it out a bit with a half pound of honey as well. At 10.5% ABV, I figure it'll take until December to "mellow".

I'm going to prime with honey and pack it in starcapped, wax-sealed 6 oz champange bottles. :D

I'm also looking into what I can make for a Christmas beer to give out. I was thinking about a chocolate stout and some sort of malty/spicy brown. Suggestions?

im actually going to go with the 22 oz bottle this year. im gonna call it rudolfs punch. on the label i am going to have rudolf being donkey punched by santa. gonna be a spiced holiday cider maybe with some steeped grains. a little over five gallons gives me 30 x 22oz bottles

i like the idea of wax sealing the bottles i might have to steal that idea

I'll be handing out a mixed sixer to a number of people this winter. I already have an Impy Stout and English Barleywine waiting to be bottled. They're 4 and 6 months old respectively. I'll also be rebrewing a spiced winter warmer that I brewed last year; this year less ginger! Took almost 6 months for that to mellow out but ended up becoming a favorite of some of my friends. I also have an idea for an experimental brown ale "desert beer". We'll see what happens. And I'll probably toss in whatever everyday drinkers I have available.

How do you wax seal over a crown cap? I thought wax seals are usually used with corks?

They are but you can still easily do it over a crown. I got the idea from some local "limited release" and "specialty" brews. I just thought it was cool-looking. :)

Step one.

Melt wax

Step two.

put the neck in that wax

Step three.

There is no step three.

AND THATS THE WAY YOU DO IIIIIIIIIIT! (its my dick in a box!)

I found an example, good idea.

BBXXI_bottle.gif

Hmmm, that Black Butte looks buttie-lisciuos!

BTW, I decided on one Christmas Gift Beer so far: Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout Clone, a recipe from the BYO magazine. This one should be a winner for both beer lovers and beer-not-so-often-drinkers.
:)

PS: I love the wax idea!

Sure I can:
Cappuccino Stout Clone (Langunitas Brewing Company California). From BYO 150 Classic Clone Recipes.

OG 1.070
FG 1.040
IBU 52
SRM 35
ABV 7.2%

10 lbs. 1 oz. 2-row
1 lb. 12.5 oz. wheat malt
1 lb. 4.75 oz. crystal 60
9.5 oz. chocolate malt
9.5 oz. corn sugar
3 oz. coffee
.67 oz. Horizon hops 11% AA 60 min
.72 oz. Willamette 5% AA 30 min
.36 oz. Cascade 6% AA 30 min
.98 oz. Willamette 5% AA 0 min
.98 oz. Cascade 6% AA 0 min
.07 oz. Willamette 5% AA dry hop
.08 oz. Cascade 6% AA dry hop

Wyeast 1056

BTW, how the hell am I supposed to measure .07 oz.? Is it one-fith of a pinch or more like a one-sixth of a pinch???? :)

Back