Wyeast 3278 Belgain Lambic Blend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samarrr

Reaction score
I tried my hand at brewing my first belgain sour last night. The brew was standard, right mash temp,strong rolling boil, knocked out, aerated the wort, and activated and pitched the 3278 as I normally would with any other yeast. This morning however there is still no action in the carboy. My question is, does the Wyeast 3278 strain take longer to get going than ale or lager yeast? Like I said this was my first attempt at using this strain and I have no idea what it is supposed to do. Should I have pitched another yeast along with the Wyeast 3278? Any suggestions or info out there?

I've used that strain multiple times and did notice a slight delay in starting fermentation. Give it a bit more time yet. I've used that strain as-is; I didn't pitch any other yeast and it worked fine. Come bottle time, I didn't pitch additional yeast and stored the bottles for over a year and they carbonated just fine. That was after about 1.5 years in primary/secondary on the fruit.

Back