Very little carbination in lager?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucks-04

Reaction score
So I brewed a brewers best octoberfest and its been in the bottle for a week with very little carbination.

It was in the primary for a two weeks at 56 degrees and then into the secondary for a month sat 40 degrees. I bottled and there isn't a lot ofcarbination after a week. Usually I'm used to beers being really carbonated after a week.

I think it might be due to the lower temps the yeast went into dormant,. Any ideas or fixes to help?

There should be enough yeast but give it some time. I have waited 6 months for a beer carb but it eventually did. After a cold secondary you will have less yeast but you should still have enough to carb but can take a little longer. It sucks to wait but it will happen!

Its just not like the other beers I made. Of course this is my first lager.

Yeah, I've seen a few brews carb up quick, but it's generally like 3 or 4 weeks even for ales. After a long, cool lagering, it could take longer than that. Just wait it out, try another one in a few weeks and see what ya get..... if it's not showing any signs of carbonation at that point, maybe give worrying a though. 'Til then, RDW and HAHB! :mug:

Back