New Guy from Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeutschBag23

Reaction score
Brewed my first beer 6 weeks ago and it was a great success. Everyone loved it and I found that 48 bottles of beer wasn't a lot of beer at all. Working on a Nut Brown Ale from True Brew and then hopefuly going on to my first extract recipe after that. The only problem with that is that I don't know where to start. I'd like to make a creamy oatmeal sout with extracts and then maybe go on to all grain with a later brew; but I only have a vague idea of what I have to put in it. Anyone with any keys or tips are more than welcome to hit me up.

Cheers :mug:

Good work on your first brew! I remember my first batch... Wait, I don't. I think I did a newcastle clone. Anyway, welcome to one of the most rewarding hobbies ever. :mug:

props on the name. very witty
i learned the basics from a brew class in my area. the people on here arent stingy or irritable about sharing their knowledge, even if its the same question over and over.
i found a good bit from reading through the brew science section of the board. then i downloaded the trial version of beersmith, and watched the how to videos on its website. that got me googling things to figure out what the eff was going on.

id say thats a good next step.

Back