Help!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhbwyoming

Reaction score
Today I was diagnosed by my allergist as having an allergy to Malted Barley. Can anyone help...what can I brew that does not have malted barley in it? Thanks in advance!

If it was me, the only thing that I think I could do is go the wine and mead route. I don't know much abou either except that you'll be fermenting fruits & honey instead of barley. The only other thing I would do if I was you is look into all wheat beers, although I've never seen a wheat recipe without barley, maybe its possible.

You can make ciders in addition to wines and mead. Also, you can check out the gluten free brewing forum. That should have information on brewing with grains other than barley.

You can still have malted barley, but it's that dreadful condition our parents always warned us about; everything in moderation.

The gluten-free forum is your best bet. That assumes that the problem is malted barley and not malted grains in general. If it's the latter, you'll have to stick to wine, mead, ciders and sake.

Back