Stone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernerbrau

Reaction score
SO I was a bit drunk last night and happened to bump into the regional rep for Stone Brewing Company (and two of his bodyguards/distributor flunkies/???). It came up that I was a homebrewer and he gave me some advice about the upcoming Vertical Epic challenge.

The sneak preview mentioned chocolate malt, French oak, vanilla bean and tangerine peel already, but the guy also mentioned something about something Belgian. Maybe a Belgian yeast? It was a loud bar and I don't remember much.

In any case I was able to enjoy two pints of Stone 13th anniversary and I got a free Stone pint glass. I also have my picture with the rep but I'm waiting for the dude who owns the camera to put it up on Flickr.

Nice! I met him at last year's Great Taste of the Midwest (coming up in two weeks!!!). I was telling my friends all about this amazing smoked porter I had, but couldn't remeber from who or where. Then two hours later, as we're walking around, I see this guy in a Stone T and yell out "That's the brewery that makes the awesome smoked porter!" He turns around, says thanks, and introduces himself. We talk for a bit, yadda yadda. Nice guy. I forget his name though.

Back