worst possible craft beer names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Brown Note - and yes this is an actual beer!

Screen-Shot-2016-12-27-at-5.33.11-PM.png

The Brown Note - and yes this is an actual beer!

I was actually going for made up craft beer names, like on Who's Line Is It, Anyway? when they do something like "Worst Pickup line at a funeral".

But how the he## do you follow this. :eek:

http://brewdrinkrun.com/2013/03/top-10-most-unappealing-beer-names/

This is from 2013 but there are some great ones here:

1. Soft Dookie – Evil Twin

Seriously? Why is this necessary? By all accounts this is a very good imperial stout. But with a name like that, you’re going to lose some people. Honorable mention goes to the coffee-infused varient Liquid Dookie.

2. Butt Crack Brown – Klamath Basin Brewing Co. – The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill

When the nicest thing a reviewer has to say is “It tastes… brown” – maybe that’s the best name to call it.

3. Kripple Dick – Keltek Brewing Company Ltd

This has got to be a made up beer. With only one Beer Advocate review, it seems that this may be someone’s idea of a practical joke. Bonus points for being fun to say.

4. Gael’s Blood Potato Ale – Crannóg Ales

I’d love to believe this was inspired by the play Blood Potato – a family drama filled with anger and meth – but it’s probably named after something people actually eat in Ireland. Either way, I’m not drinking it.

5. This Is The **** That Killed Elvis – Ale Industries

According to popular legend, the king of rock and roll did die on his throne which makes the intended pun here pretty disgusting.

6. Reindeer Droppings – Ridgeway Brewing

Poop and beer should not be in the same conversation. Holiday animal poop included.

7. Barrel Aged Squid Ink – Goose Island Beer Co.

I think the “barrel aged” puts this Squid Ink over the edge. I’m sure it tastes great and is referring solely to the color; but it still sounds disgusting.

8. Oak Aged Rat Tail Ale – Cellar Rats Brewery

Much like Squid Ink, I don’t think putting Rat Tail in a barrel is making it a better idea.

9. Old Slug Porter – RCH Brewery

Because I favor the taste of young slugs, I’ve got to include Old Slug Porter. Probably the grossest terrestrial creature, I’m not a fan of putting it on a label.

10. Bud Light & Clamato Chelada – Anheuser-Busch, Inc.

Leave it to the marketing wizards at Anheuser-Busch to create a beer that no one wanted. It’s all right there in the name. All the piss-flavor of Bud Light combined with tomato juice and spices. And this piece of crap seems to live up to its name. From RateBeer user douglas88:

Pours a bile colored pinkish hue, a small white bubble of head. A terrible rotting mess of intestines, sick and something akin to salty rotten tomato. The flavor is super salty, intense, really sweet and salty tomato, somehow the lime just makes it so much worse, like spraying air refreshner after a troubling bathroom incident it actually all combines terrible ingredients to something unspeakable.

My club was serving at a craft beer fest and one of our newer members brought a beer with a very nice sign, calling it "Better Than Sex Ultra Ale". He didn't know what style it was. He couldn't even remember what he had put in it. He had just thrown together some leftover ingredients and turned out this 'masterpiece' because he is that awesome...

A friend and I had fun making up names to poke fun at his beer for the next event. I think we ended up naming the beer "Almost as Good as Master Bayshun Mild"

This one just looks and sounds like crap. I remember trying the Voodoo Doughnut Ale and couldn't stand it. I don't want to rip on Rogue too much but I haven't liked much of any of their beers and this label looks to continue that trend (although it's funny).
rogue-grape-gorilla.jpg

Back