A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a rebel at heart, but golly, if workplace complaints or anecdotes about the kids are going to bunch up some panties, I'll just hop out.

Are those green Chuck T's or are my eyes going now too? Had a pair when I was a kid. Man. I enjoyed passing time with people there, but wtf.. sorry I work and want to talk to cool people too.

Are those green Chuck T's or are my eyes going now too? Had a pair when I was a kid. Man. I enjoyed passing time with people there, but wtf.. sorry I work and want to talk to cool people too.

They're black. You're losing it.

Yeah, I really don't get it. At all.

Hope this catches on. Because, let's face it, if the only thing ever posted in the other thread is pictures of beer and a brief comment about it, that will just be boring.
Off topic: still drinking the same high SG juice medley I was earlier.

Well, in your defense.. I was going to let them know that you most likely were drinking the jam. I just didn't want to risk getting reported/banned for not being at home drinking a homebrew.

It's still warm lol, the guy just made it and bottled it yesterday. Still a bit liquidy, may need time for it to thicken up a bit more

Hope this catches on. Because, let's face it, if the only thing ever posted in the other thread is pictures of beer and a brief comment about it, that will just be boring.
Off topic: still drinking the same high SG juice medley I was earlier.

Exactly right. Think of it as a bar, you don't go to a bar to just look at what you are drinking and looking at whatever everybody else is drinking. You go to have a good time, talk to friends. The major rules still apply, though, I think.
Done with that thread, unsubscribe

It's still warm lol, the guy just made it and bottled it yesterday. Still a bit liquidy, may need time for it to thicken up a bit more

Dude. Had an IPA from Lavery last night, for the first time. Fell in love. Apparently their beers are limited distribution here, only an hour away. What the actual funk?? I have to drive to Erie if I want to get this stuff?

If the banter on our thread (yeah, I said it) goes away, I'll probably not hang out there any more.

I thought the last time this came up, they moved it from the General Beer Discussion section (fine, off-topic banter in a technical thread isn't allowed) to DRRM, where off-topic should have been fine. Whatever.

(Deleted by Moderator - remember what your mother said, if you can't say something nice about someone . . . ) the rest of us who usually don't drink during the day (by force or by choice, usually by force) hang out here and piss the time away while we're bored at work or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the banter on our thread (yeah, I said it) goes away, I'll probably not hang out there any more.

I thought the last time this came up, they moved it from the General Beer Discussion section (fine, off-topic banter in a technical thread isn't allowed) to DRRM, where off-topic should have been fine. Whatever.

Now it'll just be Remmy and his day drinking while the rest of us who usually don't drink during the day (by force or by choice, usually by force) hang out here and piss the time away while we're bored at work or whatever.

But if the subject matter remains the same will it be acceptable here?

All of this.. I can't remember what I did two days ago but I was damn sure we've been through it before. Honestly any brewing/beer related questions just get directed to that thread or a PM to a friend here now. The rest of the site is just mindless reading material while I'm at work. Take the banter thread away and I might as well go watch cat videos while I get paid instead.

Nothing against people who actually get to work at home, drink at work, or not work and day drink anyway. Everything against the ones that don't want you to talk unless you're doing the same. Salty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, the thread title says it is, and Pappers seemed fine with it.

As long as there's no big rule violations (*cough* Nizzle *cough*) I think we'll be ok. Of course I fail to see the problem on the other thread too, but it is what it is.

Like I said initially, we've been through it before. Maybe this will stick, maybe it won't.

I guess I can go to the old thread and never worry of being intimated again and you can all ignore the pictures of my coffee that may or may not be drinkingView attachment 326227

No way man, show more pics of that coffee maker. That thing was just swell. Ive been dropping hints that I want a really good maker, I'll just have to tell her which model I want lol

so umm, am I missing something? Did the "What are you drinking now?" thread take a wrong turn or something? I've never bothered to check it out since I'm only interested in what I am sipping on

Yes it will. That thread is for sharing info on what people are drinking, the beers in their areas, etc. This thread can be about whatever you want. The same rules that apply to forum apply here, of course - no personal attacks, profanity, politics, religion, etc.

so umm, am I missing something? Did the "What are you drinking now?" thread take a wrong turn or something? I've never bothered to check it out since I'm only interested in what I am sipping on

I was a dick and got the 5-0 called on the whole thing.

Sorry dudes, couldn't let it go... BBA beers are a hell of a drug.

Well, the thread title says it is, and Pappers seemed fine with it.

As long as there's no big rule violations (*cough* Nizzle *cough*) I think we'll be ok. Of course I fail to see the problem on the other thread too, but it is what it is.

Like I said initially, we've been through it before. Maybe this will stick, maybe it won't.

I think the issue was with poking fun at @Finsfan s "procedure"

No way man, show more pics of that coffee maker. That thing was just swell. Ive been dropping hints that I want a really good maker, I'll just have to tell her which model I want lol

I happy with it and wish I had gotten it before buying the last 3 or 4 that lasted a year and are in the junk heap.

Also... remember when the cops would come bust up a party and everyone would scatter, but somehow you ended up meeting in some weird parking lot or garage and continued to get drunk until morning?

Yeah.

Hi. I'll be ignoring everyone here.

ignore.png

Carry on.

Back