Lots of trub in primary, lots of space in secodary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHeaven

Reaction score
So I've been brewing The Pumpkin ale kit from Midwest. I modified the recipe as many of the comments had said and added a whole lot of pumpkin (90 oz of Libby's). Problem is, I racked today into my 5 gallon secondary and am about 1.5 gallons short of 5 in my secondary given a whole lot of pumpkin trub on the bottom of my primary. I know that having this much oxygen is normally not good but what's a guy to do?! Tips? Thanks guys!!

I dry hopped my IIPA, a 2.5 gallon batch in my 5 gallon carboy. Tons of empty room in there. No problems. There is greater risk, but if your clean and sanitize, better chance you'll be ok.

Thanks guys. I figured since the beer has finished fermenting and the alcohol content will protect the beer. Just a little pissed that now I only have 3.5 gallons. On a good note, it tastes realllllll good

Back