Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newest Label for my NZ Pilsner

Takah_finished.jpg

My problem is coming up with names for my beers. I have a house brown I literally call 'Brown Beer'. My amber is called 'Amber'. My Honey Nut Cheerios lager is called 'Beerios' around the house, so that may stick.

View attachment 772023

View attachment 772024
General Mills is gunna hit you with the cease and desist… “stop naming your beers after our cereal” lol

This is great! Also shout out to Riwaka + Nelson Sauvin, so good
Thank you! My original recipe was Riwaka and Nelson. This year I brought in Motueka to pull more fresh citrus/lime character, and it certainly did its job

Been lurking in this thread for a while but never made a label yet. Why? Still searching for a brewery "identity". Too much pressure! lol
Try to find something in your life that is unique to you and have fun with it. An inside joke that only you and a couple friends know. Something that means something to you.

I’ve been having fun naming beers and making labels out of Beatles songs. I figure I must be a third generation Beatles fan and I’m the only kid in our family who is. Though I’m making song labels I would still be hard pressed for a name. I can’t say Beatles brewery.

One of the best ones I saw in the what are you drinking thread says “Flyover Brewery.” I thought that was pure genius.

Everybody has their own thing.

I have really enjoyed this thread and it got me messing around with Canva. A graphic designer friend of mine is pulling her hair out at my work, but to me, that makes it all the more special. And I have noticed that when I share my brews, folks think the ones with "classy" labels taste better than the ones that come out of a plain brown bottle with a sticker on the top. Plus it gives me something to do while I am waiting for a carboy to open up. Here is some of my work:
Knud's Karmel Apple.jpg
Rhubarb Jam Session Label.jpg
Strawberry Banana.jpg
Winter Solstice Mead Label.jpg

Long time lurker, first time poster.
All my labels were designed to be copied in black and white photocopier. This assumption led me to the punk aesthetics of the stencils and fanzines: black, white, gray, simple forms that do not lose their attractiveness when reproduced in the simplest and cheapest way.
Everything is compiles in Inkscape with additional help from GIMP.
Take a look & feel free to comment.

Rauchendoppelbock: bock silhouette and font taken from old Czech shoes commercial.
z64_rauch-bock.png

Dopelwheatbock. Fonts: Ubuntu, CF Jack Story. A goat cut out of the tourist badge Roasting a goat 1978.
#65_doppel.png

SMASHES. Fonts: Vicious Stencil, Philly Sans, cloud image: Neha Kapadne from Hit & Bam Collection from Noun Project: Free Icons & Stock Photos for Everything.
#80_SMASH.png
#81_SMASH.png

Grisettes & Enkel. Font: Vicious Stencil, pictures taken from public domain.
#82_GRISETTE.png
#88-enkel.png
#93_.png

And my most beloved polish hop in almost single hop version: "Mostly Oktawia Pale Ale" is the name.
#87-oktawia.png

Last edited:
This afternoon we'll be drinking this:

297 Buster.png

We a hoping this comes out like Civil Life Brewing's American Brown. Buster Brown Shoes, like Civil Life Brown, is a St. Louis product, though the cartoon character Buster Brown was not known for his civility. If you're too young to remember Buster Brown shoes: "Get off my lawn!!" 😛

(@DBhomebrew and @Brews and Blues, I'll report results in a day or two.)

Last edited:
Long time lurker, first time poster.
All my labels were designed to be copied in black and white photocopier. This assumption led me to the punk aesthetics of the stencils and fanzines: black, white, gray, simple forms that do not lose their attractiveness when reproduced in the simplest and cheapest way.
Everything is compiles in Inkscape with additional help from GIMP.
Take a look & feel free to comment.

Rauchendoppelbock: bock silhouette and font taken from old Czech shoes commercial.
View attachment 778689

Dopelwheatbock. Fonts: Ubuntu, CF Jack Story A goat cut out of the tourist badge Roasting a goat 1978.
View attachment 778688

SMASHES. Fonts: Vicious Stencil, Philly Sans, cloud image: Neha Kapadne from Hit & Bam Collection from Noun Project: Free Icons & Stock Photos for Everything.
View attachment 778687View attachment 778685

Grisettes & Enkel. Font: Vicious Stencil, pictures taken from public domain.
View attachment 778686View attachment 778684View attachment 778691

And my most beloved polish hop in almost single hop version: "Mostly Oktawia Pale Ale" is the name.
View attachment 778683
I used to work with a guy from Poznan, everytime you walked to get somewhere/something and he noticed you were in his vicinity you could always tell exactly where he were. Because as soon as he saw you he would yell from the top of his lungs "Lech Poznaaan, Kurwa!" Prefferably if he saw you before you saw him...

Lech Poznaaan, Kurwa
[facepalm] It happens here quite often. A neighbor from a tenement house next door shouts such texts at random times of the day (and night) from the attic window. I'd love to answer him with a firearm...

Some older labels I've found on harddrive:

Bocks are so nice beers to label them. In Poland we've got old cartoon about Silly Goat - Koziołek Matołek...
Autumn NL Bock - herfstbok
#27 - NL bock.png

Doppelweizenbock with US hops 2nd & 4th attempt. Fonts: Ubuntu & Branboll.
gallery_6077_331_2689.png
#48-bob4.png

Dark doppelweizenbock.
#12 - wszech-koźlak.png

As Good as It Gets? Melvin Udall was definitely bitter and rude (
#13 - zgorzkniały.png

Since Spitfire is most popular in this style, I opted for the Elk - my favorite polish aircraft from 1930's
gallery_6077_331_119581.png

Peated ale with barge carrying peat...
#49-podwedzane-ale.png

Red rye ale with red right hand (Nick Cave inspired). Fonts: Wide Latin & Ubuntu.
#50-red-rye-ale.png

And finally my best attempt at creating a clear and aesthetic smash label (I brew smashes most often). Unfortunatly beer wasn't that good :(
Jack's Candlestick, Gorri Sans fonts. Cloud from already mentioned source.
Z63_SMASH.png

That's all, next labels will be fresh as hefeweizen in Bavaria!

Last edited:
Back