Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple, cheap and effective for my cans.

Attachments

• F299150C-4D81-402D-A774-D444FCEB753C.jpeg
    F299150C-4D81-402D-A774-D444FCEB753C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Printed this one today to label an Altbier I brewed about a month ago.
Edit-
The Rimrocks are the dominant geographical feature of the city of Billings. Sandstone cliffs which run along the north side of the city for miles, rising from 500-800 feet above the Yellowstone River Valley.
26C6E5F2-67C6-4F63-99AA-8F8D557E865F.jpeg

I opted for these generic logo labels and slap a different color circular sticker on the cap to differentiate.
If I'm gifting, have folks over or otherwise sharing I make a little print out with the beer label cap and name with description, etc ...

The name is in honor of my number one brew dog, featured in my profile pic (yes, the markings on the illustrations match hers).

cheers!

IMG_4183-1.jpg

IMG_4185-1.jpeg

I opted for these generic logo labels and slap a different color circular sticker on the cap to differentiate.
If I'm gifting, have folks over or otherwise sharing I make a little print out with the beer label cap and name with description, etc ...

The name is in honor of my number one brew dog, featured in my profile pic (yes, the markings on the illustrations match hers).

cheers!

I like it!
I was thinking of buying similar stickers, but having it so there was an area that I could just right the beer info on directly on the labels, kind of like what I have on my tap wraps. I am currently just using bottles with a square of plain mactac stuck to them that I right on with a permanent marker. Won’t rub off in a humid fridge or if they go in an ice filled cooler, but a quick pass or two with a magic eraser while rinsing the empty and the marker gets cleaned right up and it's ready for the next brew!

A7F2BDBB-7B60-46A1-8C9B-FF25506D82EE.jpeg
EA8A60F8-EAE4-4C26-8C3B-7E72B9FA41EB.jpeg

93IBU. Realistically, how does that drink? How long did it condition?

It was 93IBU based upon the recipe, but it was all EKG & Fuggles (1# of hops including DH). I found the initial bitterness to be almost too smooth, but the aromatics from the hops blended nicely with the vanilla from the oak. I'm sure it had enough IBU's to age for a lengthy period, as the recipe I used was supposed to sit in a barrel for a year before being shipped to India. I aged it for 6 weeks at near freezing before pouring it for guests. The oak took a solid month to calm down.

I think our IBU calculators just can't be programmed to account for the variability of different hops' AA flavors and the agricultural regions (terroir), etc., so this 93IBU beer is way less bitter than the 70IBU WCIPA I just put on tap.

Back