Personalized pint glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Where?

I know Brewpastor has some, but he never answered me on where he got them. My arteest friend told me my logo will be finished this weekend, so I want to get going on finding a good source for pint glasses and T-shirts and wallhogs and stuff.

Im not sure where she got them, but SWMBO got a bunch for us. We are going to put different colored grains in them in layers and they will be our centerpieces at our wedding reception. Only prolem that Ive noticed so far is that they are not dishwasher safe. I was using one, and I put it in the dishwasher and a lot of the writing came off. I'll get the link from her.

Someone in the vendor section is selling them too.

- magno

Ian's (on the HBT vendor page) are the frosted glass, and I have a feeling my logo is going to be a PITA to do for him. Plus he hardly ever posts here anymore.

I'm looking for a full color logo.

Unless they've added products, you can get ceramic steins from cafepress but not pint glasses. I looked into the site during the great "Homebrewtalk T-Shirt" debate.

Walker-san said:
I don't know how much you are willing to spend, but check this out Dude. It looks like there is a $40 charge for the creation of the screen (maybe more for each additional color?), and you have to buy 12 minimum, but the price/unit is $4.50.

http://www.discountmugs.com/usa/glassware-5230cl-importedglass.htm

Bottom line is that you'll have to pay a little over $100 to get 12 custom pint glasses.

If you drop $150 on this, you can get 36 of them. :D

How cheap are you trying to get this done? The above is the first place I have found while searching.

-walker

Dude said:
Yeah, I'd only need like 12 or so at the most. That is steep, but about what I expected.

Thanks!

There might be cheaper places out there. I didn't dig too deeply.

-walker

Dude said:
We need a logo first....maybe we can come up with somethign funny while you guys are here....

Um.... how about this?

448soex.jpg

Dude,

Here's another option. A do it yourself deal. However its etching. The starter kit seems reasonable.

http://www.glass-etching-kits.com/glass-etching-starter.htm

Here's how the glasses are done. There's alot of info here on this site.

http://www.glass-etching-kits.com/wine-glass-etching.htm

I've considered doing this awhile back. I too need a logo to go with 1st.

I'm thinking for mine it will be a big "BS" in a varsity letter style script.

Boozin' Susan's on the top, BS in the middle, Brewery on the bottom.

:mug:

I got a quote back today from Show You Logo They require a minimum purchase of 3 cases (72 glasses), 3 color logo imprinted glasses are 2.99 ea. plus $40.00 per color setup fee. My logo is 3 color so the set up fee is $120.00 for a total price of $335.28 ($4.66 per glass)

i would recommend ian to anyone. i just got my 4 glasses and a pitcher and quality is great. i had a couple pint to night and there relly cool. i also belive that he can do custom work as well. once i get everything going in going back to him to get more glass work

It looks like Ian is etching his like the web site I posted above.

If you go the Martronic's route, you need to send them the logo, they will make the stencil, then you have to buy the $14 kit and chemically etch your own glasses.

If you are like me you'll want every glass style with your logo. Doing it yourself can be cheaper.

Brewtopia said:
I got a quote back today from Show You Logo They require a minimum purchase of 3 cases (72 glasses), 3 color logo imprinted glasses are 2.99 ea. plus $40.00 per color setup fee. My logo is 3 color so the set up fee is $120.00 for a total price of $335.28 ($4.66 per glass)

WTF? They are quoting me WAY more than that for pretty much the exact same thing. They are also telling me I need a 144 minimum.

I got a good quote from discount mugs for $387--that is 72 glasses with shipping included.

Believe it or not, SWMBO is allowing me to pull the trigger on these. I can't friggin believe it. Now, what do I do with 72 pint glasses? ;)

636-IOBpintglass.jpg

Did you ever talk to the company that Jester369 got his pint glasses from? I'm pretty sure it was right around $400 for 144 glasses, two-color logo. He sent me one, it looks REALLY good, and it's a real nice, solid pint (heavier than all of my other pint glasses). Very robust.

the_bird said:
Did you ever talk to the company that Jester369 got his pint glasses from? I'm pretty sure it was right around $400 for 144 glasses, two-color logo. He sent me one, it looks REALLY good, and it's a real nice, solid pint (heavier than all of my other pint glasses). Very robust.

Yeah, I called that place for a quote but I can't remember the reason why I said no way. I think it was because they wouldn't do 3 colors economically.

I could have cut costs a bit by using imported glasses, but of course they didn't have them. Only the libbey brand that are about almost a dollar more per glass.

Dude said:
WTF? They are quoting me WAY more than that for pretty much the exact same thing. They are also telling me I need a 144 minimum.

I got a good quote from discount mugs for $387--that is 72 glasses with shipping included.

Believe it or not, SWMBO is allowing me to pull the trigger on these. I can't friggin believe it. Now, what do I do with 72 pint glasses? ;)
I would buy one or two from you. Your logo is really nice.

Well, I pulled the trigger this morning!

72 pint glasses for 350 shipped. Not too bad. I ended up going with a company called Inkhead. They offered the best value.

They should be here in 2 weeks!!!! :rockin: :ban: :mug: :rockin:

Dude said:
Well, I pulled the trigger this morning!

72 pint glasses for 350 shipped. Not too bad. I ended up going with a company called Inkhead. They offered the best value.

They should be here in 2 weeks!!!!

And.....BTW, SCREW Inkhead. Inkhead blows. Don't bother.

I told them to screw off and placed the order with Discount mugs. They gave me a better price and a better guarantee that the artwork would look great.

It is in production now, according to my order tracking. Estimated ship date is the 18th. Estimated arrival date is the 21st! I am psyched.

Sweet! Post pics when they arrive. I was lucky with mine that I only needed two color - saved a ton. Of course, now I have cases of glasses sitting in my living room. Ah well, they make great gifts!

magno said:
Im not sure where she got them, but SWMBO got a bunch for us. We are going to put different colored grains in them in layers and they will be our centerpieces at our wedding reception.

Wow, i am getting married in Nov. I wish my SWMBO would go for that idea! No way in hell though. We have some wreaths made of sticks and fall leaves thing that she planned out.

636-IOBpintglass.jpg

Sell your glasses for 10 dollars a pop. Then you give your new "friend" who just bought the glass a six pack of beer to put in the glass.

:mug:

I used to work at a printer/copy shop that made coffee cups and pint glasses like this. Unfortunately they don't have a website to order off of, but it may give ideas. There are small copy shops all over the place that have screenprinters that may be able to do this. If you can design your own logo the prices should be pretty reasonable.

How does printing hold up to washing and general abuse? Are there different types of printing? Can you educate my ignorant butt?

Cheers!

How does printing hold up to washing and general abuse? Are there different types of printing? Can you educate my ignorant butt?

Cheers!

Hey Andy,

Mine have held up extremely well. I don't often put them in the dishwasher, but when I first got them I did a test where every time I ran it, I left the same glass in there. I stopped after about 20 washes and there was zero fading.

The company that I work for gets pretty good deals on glassware. If anyone needs some I could probably get em a bit cheaper then other places.

If you check out the express line asi 51197 you can see the glasses we can get. When you look at an item we get the last column pricing, so on the 16oz pint glass the price is $2.49 for 72 glasses, there is a $50 setup per color.

They also have a sale going till July for $1.59 on 144 glasses.

Anyway, I'd be glad to help out my fellow homebrewers.

Latest posts

Back