Finally gearing up for Stone XI recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jughead

Reaction score
Today is the day! I've been planning this for months, working on simpler recipes the past few weeks. I think I have the huevos to do the big boy. Partial mash w/ 7lbs of grain. My last partial mash I got 72% effic. I am stoked! I'll post the recipe I'm using later, gotta get to brewing. :rockin: My pacman yeast starter is chomping at the bit to get ahold of this stuff.

Thanks for the input.:) I understand how a difference in yeast affects final product. I should have said it is not an exact clone recipe, more of a guideline if you will. I like Pacman, I culture Pacman, so I used it. I think the high attenuation level will benefit this beer. I'll do this recipe next time (if it works out) w/ a different yeast, probably the one you suggest, to note differences in profile. Stick w/ what you're comfortable w/ and expand from there. Thanks for the comment. :D Oh by the way, everything went great, hit my target #'s I figured bout 80% effic w/ BIAB partial mash. No BS. YeeHaa! have a great evening all.

Latest posts

Back