Portable RIMS project -ideas and help needed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the exact same box with my pump mounted exactly like yours. You're right about the slanted sides, was definitely tricky getting it flush in there.

So, are you heating water to mash temp in your HLT, transferring to mash-tun then just keeping it even with your Heating Element?

got my tube from freddy (nice to meet you), chugger pump, auber PID, ss relay, heat sink and all the electical switches/outlets, now need the tool box, some more fittings (liking the quick disconnects)-project is under way
Thanks for all the info between this thread and the 100+ others Ive been reading
Cheers
Paul;)

Thanks for a great thread I just got my heater and rimms from freddy very quick getting the parts to me ,thanks freddy.I went with the chugger pump from USA pumps on ebay,also very fast service I hope to have everything together by this weekend maybe just do a dry run to figure out the temps

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead. Very interested in this project as it'll scale very nicely with my 1 gallon experiments to my 5/10 gallon production batches. Also, I've been thinking about using this idea as a Sous Vide temp controller system for cooking a large quantity of meat for a social gathering. Either way I'll be building one of these in the next year or two. Thanks for the build log!

Back