cider bummer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photohand

Reaction score
Well I finley got off of my but and made some cider[well jbird made some so I had to do it to] It was comming along quite well. I started with four gallons of tree top apple juice and fermented it at about 68 degrees untill it was fully fermented then I got a wild hair and kicked it up a little with four pounds of corn sugar.
I put the desolved the sugar in water and kept it in one of the apple juice jugs
and I added it in four steps in the last step I added some mulling spice for a holiday brew.When it was finished I keged it and put it under 35lbs of co2 and of corse I had to taste it that was when my brain farted and I left it on the tap.
For gallons of cider on the floor left me speechless for the rest of the night.:(

so you left your tap running? Four gallons on the floor? That blows. Man, I'm sorry for you. Not to mention the mess you had to clean up. How did you leave your tap on? It didn't automatically shut off?

I lost five gallons of wheat beer one time when I broke a carboy. I feel your pain.

Two words: Hose Clamps! I use them on every single connection, I don't care how many barbs are on the shaft!

Latest posts

Back