Work in Progress!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Flyangler posted a great source for Perlicks- so I bought a couple and finally made my kegerator look nice, instead of using picnic taps. Well, with some modifications, I put three kegs in the apartment sized fridge but only had order two faucets and drip trays. So, I got online and ordered another faucet set up and drip tray. It's not finished, but here is the work so far:

DSCF0593.jpg

The black area above the taps is chalkboard paint, so I can write the beers over the taps.

A few messes and a few minor incidences slowed the work, so it took several hours, but I'm happy with it so far!

Random question: Is that brush on or spray on chalkboard paint?

Looks good by the way. :mug:

Is an apartment size fridge the same thing as a dorm size fridge? Like the size of the Sanyo everyone uses?

Thanks. I'll have to pick me up some of those.

So, that fridge, how many kegs can it hold?

Love it... I'm new here and your creativity is giving me an "oh face" :rockin:

Hooray for Yooper! Looks good- have a draft for for me :mug:!

Now you got to work on your brew-haus!

Nice! I really need to get some Perlick taps... I came back from break and I swear I nearly snapped off one of my faucets, I even had to switch back to the small black tap handles so I was getting better (good) leverage.

Good call, looks great!

Nice! I really need to get some Perlick taps... I came back from break and I swear I nearly snapped off one of my faucets, I even had to switch back to the small black tap handles so I was getting better (good) leverage.

Good call, looks great!

I get frustrated with my standard faucets too, but I've noticed that if I pull on the handle and also push on the front, it takes much less force.

Looks like the 14 cuft that I re-converted into a fermentation cabinet (but much, much less rust).

Back