Pistachio beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rishriv03

Reaction score
I'm interested in incorporating a pistachio flavor into my next brew. I've searched for suggestions on how to do this and have come up with different methods....was wondering if anyone has done this before and if they had any tips of what worked out the best? I've done mostly extract kits and would like to do this all grain (done one all grain batch) but not opposed to doing this extract depending on how to pull the pistachio flavor...any help or guidance appreciated...cheers

Having never done a "Nut" beer....I would guess that you'd need to really crush your pistachios to get the flavor out. You might try mashing them, instead of adding them to the boil (avoid having to clean pistachio bits, and mess from all your equipment and tubing later), and still get the flavor. I've don this with pumpkin with success. Also I wonder what the effect of the natural oils in nuts would be on your beers head. Usually oils kill head. Good Luck!!!:)

Back