Removing MY threads and unsubscribing to others

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewkinger

Testing... testing...is this frigger on?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is this possible?
Threads that I started and have been answered (i realize that others could still post to them, but it does not seem likely given the sheer volume of other threads)
And those that I have replied to that I no longer wish to receive updates (ie what is everyone brewing this week?) I have gotten tons of email updates and I think that there are 4 or 5 pages of thread since I posted.

Now I feel like the NOOB I am. I figured it out.
Should have searched before asking a noobie??

OK, back to the NOOB. I thought I had it figured out.
I went to my account > SUBSCRIBED THREADS

Clicked in all the boxes and chose delete, but it still shows them all when I got to the top of the page and choose My Threads and My Replies.
Is this right?

What did I actually delete by doing the aforementioned things?

It'll always be "your thread" if you started it, or "your reply" if all you did was post in the thread. But, you'll no longer get email updates updates about them if you delete them from your subscribed threads. There is no way for you to actually delete a thread. Only a mod can do that.

It'll always be "your thread" if you started it, or "your reply" if all you did was post in the thread. But, you'll no longer get email updates updates about them if you delete them from your subscribed threads. There is no way for you to actually delete a thread. Only a mod can do that.

That is not correct, paid members can delete their own threads.
Be careful though, I started a thread similar to this that I thought would just go away and it is over 70 pages now and still active :cross:

Latest posts

Back