What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Bell's. Not as overrated like Dragon's Milk. :eek::smack:

That one hurts! Right in the ol' heart! :eek:

Out of curiosity, exactly which Bells brew is not as "overrated" as Dragon's Milk Stout? In all seriousness, does Bells brew a regular BA Stout? Just wondering. I'm not too familiar with Bells. I've had a few from them and loved it.

Hmmm.. that's interesting..I just looked at there bottle too and it says comstock. I wonder why
. Just to confuse people? Maybe they should change that :/

+1 on this I live in Michigan and I don't understand it either. Oh well they have good beer none the less :)

Out of curiosity, exactly which Bells brew is not as "overrated" as Dragon's Milk Stout? In all seriousness, does Bells brew a regular BA Stout? Just wondering. I'm not too familiar with Bells. I've had a few from them and loved it.

Bells has some delicious stouts.

I think their Black Note is BA. They released it earlier in the year. I just waiting for the day Bells comes to Texas. Firestone-Walker will be in Houston Next month and bottles in September:rockin: Cant wait. Probably wont get the special brews but i'll be happy with the wookey but some parabola wouldnt hurt:D

I've had some good stouts in Michigan that I found I like better than Dragon's Pee.

Namely the Kalamazoo stout, the Poet and all of the Founder's stouts. :D:D:D:D:D

I've had some good stouts in Michigan that I found I like better than Dragon's Pee.

Namely the Kalamazoo stout, the Poet and all of the Founder's stouts. :D:D:D:D:D

Those are definitely some awesome stouts! Agreed!! :mug:

Though I'm noticing a bit of a trend...it seems like you're not a fan of the oaked stouts? Maybe I'm wrong. But I know this: if you should ever end up with another bottle of the Dragon's Milk, you can send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly for you! :ban:

I think their Black Note is BA. They released it earlier in the year. I just waiting for the day Bells comes to Texas. Firestone-Walker will be in Houston Next month and bottles in September:rockin: Cant wait. Probably wont get the special brews but i'll be happy with the wookey but some parabola wouldnt hurt:D

patiently waiting for Black Note to come out next year.

Those are definitely some awesome stouts! Agreed!! :mug:

Though I'm noticing a bit of a trend...it seems like you're not a fan of the oaked stouts? Maybe I'm wrong. But I know this: if you should ever end up with another bottle of the Dragon's Milk, you can send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly for you! :ban:

Actually, I don't mind oaked stouts. I just thought Dragon's Milk was overrated the same way some people think Heady Topper is overrated (I happen to love HT). The oaked flavor was TOO pronounced for my in that beer and quickly turned me off. I like alcohol, of course, but I thought the flavor of alcohol in that beer was just in-your-face. I'll pass!

I found a new mouthwash. :D
980edf0449155febd4d6145778bf71f9_640x640.jpg

Channel66 said:
Good way to come home from the lab, swmbo had it all warmed up and poured it as I walked in the door.

Man, I'm jealous! I always have to get my own beer!

Had the Dale's Pale ale that remmy sent me with vodka after some afternoon errands. A classic american pale ale in every respect. Always a crowd pleaser for those that like the classic "C" hops in a pale ale. Then switched to my pm Maori IPA. A bit darker amber with all New Zealand hops. Like SA Latitude 48 IPA with that characteristic NZ tropical fruit in there. Gube Stoff!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I finally have enough carboys

Not possible!

image-1291872418.jpg

My 3/4 dubbel. Hadn't had one in a while, made this 50ish brews ago. Makes me want to brew some more beers with wlp530.

Not possible!

My 3/4 dubbel. Hadn't had one in a while, made this 50ish brews ago. Makes me want to brew some more beers with wlp530.

Well to dedicate one to bulk aging :D I also believe you cant have enough! As a matter of fact talked to my FIL yesterday and he asked what I had ready. He said bring him a mixed sixer on Thursday because he bought me two more glass carboys :ban:

Latest posts

Back