• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blichmann Conical Fermenter - 7 Gal - Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbecketts

Reaction score
:mug:

I have a Blichmann 7 Gal Stainless Steel Conical Fermenter. New, they go for $580 before tax & shipping. I'm looking for $400.

I'm moving up to a larger brewing system and the extra cash will go a long way!

I live in the western Chicago suburbs (Aurora area) and would rather not have to ship. If shipping is the only option, I'll add on my actual cost to do so.

If you're interested, please contact me (Mike) on my cell at 630.364.0208.

You're all probably pretty familar with the item but here's some features and benefits.
* Vessel can be pressurized for transfer into keg
* Unlike glass carboys, the Fermenator is impervious to heat, won't shatter, and won't admit light.
* Unlike plastic buckets or plastic conical fermenters, they won't scratch, discolor, or harbor bacteria.
* Precipitated solids can be removed via the bottom dump valve, without transferring wine or beer to a different vessel.
* Collecting samples is fast and sanitary.
* Add finings, oak cubes, or other additives through the lid hatch.
* Fresh yeast can be removed via the bottom dump for collection, immediate repitching, or disposal.
* Large-diameter top means an accessible interior for easy cleaning.
* Rotating racking arm makes for simple, sanitary, sediment-free racking—no siphoning.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/7-gallon-fermenator-f3-7-standard-fittings.html

http://www.blichmannengineering.com/fermentor/fermentor.html

The Blichmann is 2 years old and is in great shape. No scratches. No dents. No stains. I'm a stickler for cleaning, so it's been very well maintained to the point of looking new.

I'm out of town until Sunday, so the only pics I have are ones that I can pull of my Facebook page (yes, I admit....I post pics of my brewery & pub on my FB). Here are 2 that show the Blichmann in the background

I up loaded these into my Home Brew Talk gallery, so you can look at them there along with a few others.

If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to call me at 630.364.0208.

Mike

24178_1385016071885_1426515478_1075660_3759277_n.jpg

blich1.JPG

Also, I've never cleaned it with any but a stainless steel scouring ball and micro fiber towels.

I've spent too much time collecting, welding, and tweeking. I couldnt put a price on it at this point. But feel free to come and pay homage anytime!

I'm back in town and am open all week. Give me a call if you want to swing by.

Saturday at Noon works for me. Give me call at 630.364.0208 for the address/directions.

As far as building a rig.....I'd love nothing better than to put another one of these together, but I just don’t have the time (at least that what my family says!). It took me a couple years to design, weld, gather all the pieces and assemble. I am, however, more than happy to help with learning curve advice, part sourcing & design. I'm really happy with mine, but there are some things I would do different if I were to build another.

I look forward to meeting you Saturday.

Thanks everyone for your interest. I sold the conical this morning on Craigslist. It is no longer available.

I also have a 5 gal & 10 gal Igloo cooler all grain set up available. Includes all hoses, valves, bulkheads, and manifolds. I bought everything new and used it for a year while I built my single tier system. $125. Let know if there is any interest out there.

Back