Better Bottle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefMichael01

Reaction score
I cleaned the inside rim of my 6 gal Better Bottle with my bottling brush before thinking of the implications. Other than berating me, wanted to see people's thoughts on remedies (if any) to ensure I don't get infections due to the scratching I caused. Thanks.

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber... you go and do something like this...

and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

j/k:)

It might be alright. Just let it sanitize extra long, with a slightly stronger sanitizer solution... and cross your fingers.

dump two two or 3 scoops of oxyclean in that mother and fill it up with hot water, let it sit a couple days, come back and rinse. This method hasnt let me down yet. The oxyclean seems to be the wonder cleaner, breaking down anything it touchs with time.

1 bad brew- questionable
2 bad brews- ok now I'm really wondering...
3 bad brews- what can I do with this better bottle since my new one is on it's way?

Just be sure to give it a little stronger soaking to be safe, but since you didn't go too crazy, I'd definitely use it until the above conditions :)

Latest posts

Back