where online can I buy longer beer line with cobra tap attached

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

as1084

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just realized that I'm going to need a longer hose to serve my 16 psi dead guy ale. I've looked online, but they only have long beer lines/tubing, without the cobra tap attached. the line i got now is 5 ft, 3/16th from my kegging kit (why do they only make it 5 ft!? uggghh). anyways, if you know any place online to buy a longer beer line w/ cobra tap attached, please let me know. i need about 16 ft. if you can't buy it with a cobra tap attached, how do I make my current line longer? thanks!

oh if I call kegconnection.com or another site, do they make custom length beer lines with cobra tap?

Hey guys! I just realized that I'm going to need a longer hose to serve my 16 psi dead guy ale. I've looked online, but they only have long beer lines/tubing, without the cobra tap attached. the line i got now is 5 ft, 3/16th from my kegging kit (why do they only make it 5 ft!? uggghh). anyways, if you know any place online to buy a longer beer line w/ cobra tap attached, please let me know. i need about 16 ft. if you can't buy it with a cobra tap attached, how do I make my current line longer? thanks!

oh if I call kegconnection.com or another site, do they make custom length beer lines with cobra tap?

What does your cobra faucet look like? You should be able to just buy a longer length of line and put your cobra faucet on the end. Most of the ones I've seen just have a hose barb on the end. Like this-http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=224

If you have a wierd faucet and can't separate it from the line, just buy a new faucet (like the $3 one I linked above) and the 16' of line. One hose clamp and you're ready to go. They don't need to be purchased as a set.

Edit: With 3/16" line I don't think you even need the hose clamp.

i have the tap u linked. its the tap that came standard with the kegging kit I bought from keg connection. I was just hoping I could get it as a set already assembled, instead of my possibly screwing it up lol. thanks!

i have the tap u linked. its the tap that came standard with the kegging kit I bought. I was just hoping I could get it as a set already assembled, instead of my possibly screwing it up lol. thanks!

It really couldn't be easier. If you're really worried you'll ruin the old faucet removing the hose, just buy another faucet or two. They're only $3.

yea I'm trying to pull off the tap right now as I speak and it is really stuck in there. and I just use a coupling to attach the connector to the keg on the other end of the hose right?

Also what length of hose do you think I need to serve at 16 psi? thanks again!

yea I'm trying to pull off the tap right now as I speak and it is really stuck in there. and I just use a coupling to attach the connector to the keg on the other end of the hose right?

The other end of the hose should be on a hose barb also. Soaking in hot water for a minute will soften the hose and make it easier to remove. If it's really stuck you may need to cut the hose just past the barbs. Then stick a knife in between the hose and the barb to cut the little piece of hose off of the barb.

For a cobra faucet with the lines coiled on top of the keg I'm going to guess you'll need 14-16' of 3/16"ID line at 16 psi. It's better to buy a longer line than you need because you can always cut some off if needed. Make sure to open the faucet all the way when pouring, because only opening it part way will cause foam.

It really couldn't be easier. If you're really worried you'll ruin the old faucet removing the hose, just buy another faucet or two. They're only $3.

+1 on this new tap. If you have to resort to a knife to remove the old one, be very careful. It is easy to score the plastic, only to find later that beer is leaking out along the score line.

Latest posts

Back