Just had my first Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClutchDude

Reaction score
I just hooked up my Southern Pecan Clone yesterday. It's my first AG and homebrew.

It's still VERY green, 3 1/2 weeks since boiling, but let me tell you. It tasted great. Slightly sweeter and maltier than I thought. I've got a 12 pack stashed away for later tasting.

Why AG first? My roomate had a few brews under his belt and wanted to step up to AG. I figured why not jump in since I'm procuring the equipment.

Anyways, Thanks guys for all the resources and links and lessons. I would have surely floundered without all the learning from HBT and "How to Brew".

Congrats! Nothing wrong with starting with AG if you've observed or helped out with some extract brews. When I did my first AG, I was worried how hard it would be, but it's really quite simple.

Congratulations....

As we used to say back in college...

"I remember my first beer..."

Tis a sweet thing to be in the tender stages of brewing. Everything is like a mystery. I still grin each night at my first buzz of the evening.

Back