Secondary to bottles....dry hopping involved

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
Well, on a positive kick to get the brewery back in full operational status, I just transfered my IPA into the secondary, and dry hopped it. I dry hopped my Steam beer awhile ago, but I think I want to bottle it tonight.

Question is, how do I not get the hops into my bottling bucket? Put a mesh bag over the end of my autosiphon? Which end, the sucking end, or pouring end? Or another technique?

I've done both...and the mesh bag on the output end of the tube is best. That way you don't screw up your siphon. I've tried it on the end of the autosiphon, and all it does is clog up and I have to prime the siphon with the pump, and that introduces oxygen, and it sux.

that's what I was thinking.....I wish I had propane....I'd so brew tonight. I need to go by the LHBS to get a bag....might as well pick up a kit....but then again, I need to make a starter.

Oh, and dude, I've got magnets for you! Sitting right here on my desk. PM your addy and I'll send them....plus I got a sweet cigar box for my stirplate down at VaTech this weekend :D

I've tried it on the end of the autosiphon, and all it does is clog up and I have to prime the siphon with the pump, and that introduces oxygen, and it sux.

i wish i would have read that earlier because i had that problem and probably oxidised the beer i tried it on. Great advice!

Back