WTF Happened To BTV?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all good. Life goes on and Chop & Brew has some pretty awesome momentum at the moment. This Friday, I'm planning to drop Episode 10 featuring Wyeast Brand Manager Michael Dawson. Whoop!

Looking forward to it and still waiting for word on those Chop & Brew shirts!! :mug:

I did notice that BrewingTV has a new episode up. I'm going to keep an eye on it over the next few months and see how it develops.

Just watched the new episode and it was BrewingTV in name only.

They couldn't even convincingly pull off the "All for brew - brew for all."

My sense of loss is renewed...

I've been going back and rewatching btv episodes. I've found that I missed a significant amount of info the first time through.

I just watched the most current episode.
some of those ideas were just horrible.

A sixtel in a brew bucket? come on.
You can't just wrap some plumbing insulation around an 8 foot piece of tubing and expect to get ice cold, low foam pours in the middle of the summer. Maybe in Northern Alaska.

The new BTV episode had no pizzazz at all. The guys and gals showed no personality. There was some information but BOOORRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG!

chopandbrew said:

AAAAaaahhhhh.......just like old times only more info and less product placement (Wyeast is the notable exception).

Thanks Chip! Don't stop trying to get those guys guesting on yer blog. Dawson's personality-free personality is captivating and I can get enough!

Love it!

I'm just hoping that Dawson will continue to make appearances on C&B. It was really never stated if that was a one time appearance of if there will be plenty more in the future.

And I could not even finish watching the latest episode of Brew TV.

The new BTV episode had no pizzazz at all. The guys and gals showed no personality. There was some information but BOOORRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG!

I couldn't get through it. I feel like they had to of actually tried to make it suck that hard.

Chop & Brew is the new Brewing TV for sure. Episode ten felt like old times. Keep up the awesome work Chip and crew!

I'm anxiously awaiting beergeeks TV. I'm happy there's a beer show actually on tv, now if they'll just answer my request to bring it to the Norfolk VA market. I'll be really upset if they don't, especially considering the list of markets that are already confirmed. Can't stand another "moonshine" show.

So grateful for Chop & Brew, Chip. Thanks for your creativity and efforts. Was great to see Dawson again - his unabashed beer nerditude is infectious.

I follow it and, let me tell you something, Mr. Walton....you're not cranking out the episodes fast enough. I find myself watching old episodes just to relieve my Chop & Brew withdrawal. Great show, now let's get working on some new material (yeah, I already watched the one that was released three days ago). Chop, chop....pun intended.

Good stuff Chip.
I especially enjoyed the growing hops episodes & the west coast ipa yeast tasting episode.

I've been following Chop & Brew very closely. Great stuff so far!

I could second the request for more episodes faster, but I know you are working your ass off already. Just don't stop.

Also, I've enjoyed the stuff from your day job. Too bad I can't get Summit brews here in Michigan (at least, not that I know of).

Chip may have committed suicide today! If he hasn't he need to seriously be on watch. Last time Saban ever argues for 1 second again! Sorry Chip but it was a damn good game. :D

1. I love that you have kept the BTV concept going and added food too.

2. I can't believe you're doing a graduate program and have time for Chop and Brew.
(I'm still on my undergrad and have no time now!)

3. Certainly miss commercial brewer episodes, but understandable that that is not part of the show.

4. How come PBS or someone hasn't made this a televised program yet? Great potential for it and definitely a growing audience on this homebrewing and even cooking or grilling culture that exists.

Keep it up Chip!
Chop for Chop

I soooo love Chop & Brew, and Dawson's two-minute beer reviews on the beer engine blog are also great. You guys do great work, and I am happy to buy you a round should you ever pass through NJ :)

Chop for chop!

waiting for the next episode! I'm so glad that chip continued after Brewing TV. I need more!!!!

zombie-thread.png

I claimed Chop & Brew for my club in the NHC and took home a Silver Certificate for my American IPA. No medals for me yet, but I will get some to add to the Chop & Brew Hall of Fame!!!

Back