WTF Happened To BTV?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDoubleDuBB

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know what happened to BrewingTV? It's been a while since a new episode aired. Not to sound like a groupie but I also happened to notice that Jake Keeler's twitter handle went from @JakeKeelerBTV to @JakeSKeeler.

Coincidence? I think not.

Let's here some rumors... Discuss.

They're coming back soon. I think next week they have a few good cider/mead recipe episodes coming out. My suspicion is that the corporates thought they were just dicking about having a good time instead of "work"

Chip here from Brewing TV. We have a new episode that will post on Friday, Sept. 7, 2012 about making Cider... and one following that about making Graf in which HBT Forums are actually given some shout-outs by a Nothern Brewer co-worker featured in the episode. There are other episodes in the hopper as well. It is true that we had to focus on making DVDs to accompany the Small Batch Starter Kits and new BIAB gear/recipe kits... as well as create the new Northern Brewer Video Library (www.northernbrewer.com/homebrew-video-library, which includes product videos, tips and full-length presentation from NHC and our Minneapolis store classroom. Thanks for your patience and support!

texabamasota said:
Chip here from Brewing TV. We have a new episode that will post on Friday, Sept. 7, 2012 about making Cider... and one following that about making Graf in which HBT Forums are actually given some shout-outs by a Nothern Brewer co-worker featured in the episode. There are other episodes in the hopper as well. It is true that we had to focus on making DVDs to accompany the Small Batch Starter Kits and new BIAB gear/recipe kits... as well as create the new Northern Brewer Video Library (www.northernbrewer.com/homebrew-video-library, which includes product videos, tips and full-length presentation from NHC and our Minneapolis store classroom. Thanks for your patience and support!

Whelp, I guess that takes care of that. Thanks for clearing things up Chip. Looking forward to the new episodes!

Glad to hear that. I've been jonesin fir some
new BTV.

Chip, you're the man. Really enjoy your work. I may just name one of my hounds after you!

I just got a response from Jake Keeler on Twitter and he said him and Mike left Northern Brewer.

BlakeL said:
I just got a response from Jake Keeler on Twitter and he said him and Mike left Northern Brewer.

Holy crap... Are you serious? I don't know why but that makes me sad. What about Chip?

That sucks, no offense to jake or chip.. But mike was the reason to watch BTV..

Though I do respect the production quality (chip)

That sucks, no offense to jake or chip.. But mike was the reason to watch BTV..

Though I do respect the production quality (chip)

Mike did make the show for me but it is true, there is a thread going around on the Northern Brewer forum about this that chip has comment on that both Dawson and Keeler have left Northern Brewer and Brewing TV as well. It's sad there was no official goodbye episode, I feel like they just kind of left us hanging over their "break" and then the cider episode aired and was only Chip and some guy who was knowledgeable although visibly uncomfortable being on camera.

Anyways, can anyone say guest stars??? I'm holding out that they are both so vain that they can't stay away from the camera. One can hope can't they?

I knew something was up over the "break". Dawson and Keeler will pop up somewhere else, I'm almost sure of it, and I know there are many of us that will be patiently waiting.

That was my favorite YouTube brewing show, it had amazing production value and awesome characters...I'm sad now. Let's hope Chip can be the raising star.

Mike and jake will be missed, no doubt. Chip is going to have to get in front of the camera more often now. At least there will always be the backlog of episodes.

What a shame to break up that trio...by far the most entertaining brewers show out there.

I hope they all keep making beer vids in some form.

Holy hell. I just finally got around to watching the last 2 episodes of Brewing TV and, no offense to Chip, but they sucked. This show is dead in the water without Dawson and Keeler. Bummed.

Sorry Chip but it is what it is. Just being honest. The last 2 episodes just weren't the same. They lacked the energy and quality content that we have all come to know. Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm sure others disagree.

Sorry Chip but it is what it is. Just being honest. The last 2 episodes just weren't the same. They lacked the energy and quality content that we have all come to know. Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm sure others disagree.

I agree with you but I wasn't as interested in the topics so that might have been part of it. Chip is good on camera but the other guests were not.

kblankenship11 said:
If chip can keep it doing I commend him for it. There are a ton of BrewingTV fans out there. Not having dawson or keeler is a bummer, but any free brewing videos of that quality I will continue to watch.

Agreed, Things change. Chips a funny dude, I'm still looking forward to the future of BTV

Chip - You're great on camera. See if you can find a good sidekick.

Any hints on upcoming topics?

You go Chip. You have all the support you need to keep rockin it. Anyone who tries to turn this into a you vs. them thing is just trolling. You've got talent dude and you know it. Don't let em sell you short.

Chip actually always was my favorite. Dawson in second.

Find that new sidekick and rock that camera!

Hamsterbite said:
You go Chip. You have all the support you need to keep rockin it. Anyone who tries to turn this into a you vs. them thing is just trolling. You've got talent dude and you know it. Don't let em sell you short.

+1 Keep at it Chip, glad to see new content period! I was bummed about the break you guys took, but extremely glad your back!

I am the real Chip. BTV.com is back up. Just a hiccup. Thanks for the support for real. I didn't mean to come off like a whiny pants there. I know things are different w/o Jake and Mike, but teams change quarterbacks all the time and rise to the occasion. It's ALL for Brew, not Two for Brew. I think there are plenty of great stories and brew sessions ahead. Just a different way of thinking about presenting them. I or Northern Brewer can't control Mike and Jake's decisions. I can only look ahead. Hoping to tap the huge pool of talented brewers at Northern Brewer and pick their brains about brewing for the most part. That being said - I do love camera work and editing most, but will never shy away from an opportunity to get my ugly mug on the interwebz when possible.

Awesome Chip, looking forward to it. Thanks for taking the time to post. If you ever need/want ideas for episodes, there are no shortage of opinions here.

I am the real Chip. BTV.com is back up. Just a hiccup. Thanks for the support for real. I didn't mean to come off like a whiny pants there. I know things are different w/o Jake and Mike, but teams change quarterbacks all the time and rise to the occasion. It's ALL for Brew, not Two for Brew. I think there are plenty of great stories and brew sessions ahead. Just a different way of thinking about presenting them. I or Northern Brewer can't control Mike and Jake's decisions. I can only look ahead. Hoping to tap the huge pool of talented brewers at Northern Brewer and pick their brains about brewing for the most part. That being said - I do love camera work and editing most, but will never shy away from an opportunity to get my ugly mug on the interwebz when possible.

I'm still on the BTV train Chip. The thing about a team changing a QB is they aren't going to play the same so the style will take a bit to get used to. Some things that you loved aren't going to be there anymore, but there are going to be new things to replace them.

To be honest one of my favorite BTV eps was your solo shoot for "Clemifornia Dreaming". Nothing like a lot of laughs with some brewing knowledge thrown in so I am definitely looking forward to another episode full of your ugly mug.

ALL FOR BREW! BREW FOR ALL!

lol! Clemifornia episode....still one of my faves. I laughed my butt off on that one. Get BA in on some more episodes too. I still stick a note to northern brewer telling them BTV rocks every time I order from there. I still proudly keep my BTV stickers on my brew table and on my ferm chamber.

All for brew!

Their vids are on Vimeo as well. I am able to access via my Roku net streaming media player. BTV on the big screen!

Back