What beer should I pick up to go with my pork chops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacob1484

Reaction score
I'm grilling some pork chops with a sweet/spicy marinade and glaze tonight and can't decide what i want to go with them. I'm thinking maybe a pale ale or pilsner but I'm open to anything really...

ideas?

Last time I did pork chops (spice rubbed and grilled), I paired with a Sam Adams Noble Pils. It did not work well in my opinion. The hops clashed with the chops and ended up with an almost soapy aftertaste. I'd have rather gone with some sort of english bitter.

with 20 minutes left on the clock at work (sshhhhh) I'm leaning toward terrapin's rye pale ale. i've also decided to do some veggie skewers too... mmmm...

how about a Paulaner Hefeweizen?
crisp and clean -- should make the flavors of the marinade 'pop'. :ban:

I've tried a few hefes and I just can't get into it. I pick up a six pack every now and then thinking that maybe i'll find one I like but so far... nada..
my neighbor on the other hand loves hefes and is always more than happy to help finish of the six pack i thought i might like... go figure.. :eek:

Try ChubbyKidhomebrew's Dark Ale. Its a southern english brown and it compliments meat and potato meals very well. I like it a lot!

porkslap1.jpg

Of course.

-Joe

Back