• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Barbell Stir Bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstar26t

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Reaction score
ALL SOLD

These only come in a 10 pack minimum and I'm keeping 4 so I have 6 for sale. $12 each shipped if you're in the states. They are perfect for use in domed bottom carboys if you need to make starters that big.

IMG_2026.jpg

Send me an e-mail to natepanek at hotmail dot com if you're interested. A word of warning though, I travel for work every week and will probably only be able to ship on weekends.

Last edited by a moderator:
These only come in a 10 pack minimum and I'm keeping 4 so I have 6 for sale. $10 each shipped if you're in the states. They are perfect for use in domed bottom carboys if you need to make starters that big.

Holy yeast orgy Batman! That would be an agressive stater.

Using one right now with a 5L.

4c81f885.jpg

I'm using a 4" AC fan and a unique magnet arrangement so YMMV.

They are just over 2" long, the 55x8mm in the part number is the length x diameter in milimeters. When I get home tomorrow I'm going to ship one out to the first responder and see how much shipping is. I'm assuming I can send them in an envelope with normal postage. If not, I'll have to add some shipping on the rest of the bars.

If you want to use a stir bar in a domed bottom vessel, the barbells work best.

Does anyone know what advantage the barbell shape gives over the regular capsule shape ?

If you're using say a large jar or growler on your stirplate vs a flat bottomed flask, the barbell shape spins easier without being thrown.

Due to the interest in this thread for Barbell stir bars, which has customers asking me to carry them, I went ahead and got some in. If you missed out on dstar's deal and want to get a barbell stir bar we have them in stock in 2 different lengths.

1 1/4" Barbell
2" Barbell

Back