Need a butcher - VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bierandbikes

Reaction score
Help! I have two hogs that I need to butcher. One of them needs to go immediately. My dilemma. I had planned to do it myself about 3 months ago but I got deployed. Now it is 95 degrees so I need to find a reliable butcher.

Ideally, I would like to find a good butcher near Fredericksburg, VA that will accept a carcass (I don't have a good way to transport a live hog) and let me watch the process, and learn. I am not asking for a reduced rate by any means. I will assist and take notes. That alone is worth the charge. I have butchered deer, rabbits (hundreds), chickens, etc, but never a hog.

Anybody near Fredericksburg know someone that might be able to do the butchering at this time of year and possibly let me look over their shoulder?

Thanks for the help.

Paul

I can ask where my brother picks up the pigs for our annual pig roast (we just had it last weekend so they do it currently), though I know that guy is in Winchester. Otherwise check up on places that will process deer and other game animals. They should not hesitate to take care of the pig for you.

Back