wl sasion fg problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackmesa

Reaction score
i made a 3 gallon batch used 3lb light dme 1wheat dme 55wheat-45barly wl saison yeast . i didnt make a starter since it was a 3gallon batch and didnt think it would need it 1062sg-1020fg i hade a wl belgian yeast blend so i airated again pitched and nothing and it was after 4days before i tried this so i 2ndaried built the yeast back up with a starter pitched and nothing 2ndaried again then put in 1cup of turb sugar then pitched some propogated bells winter white yeast it took of in 5hour 3 days past furm stoped and still 1020 fg wtf if never used any of these yeast before but wuts my problem not everthing was fermentable yeast ??????

blackmesa said:
thanks but the fg should be 108-116

It could be allot of things, the yeast reaching its alcohol potential, not enough oxygen in the wort to begin with, nutrients, etc... the list goes on, but still sounds like a good beer at 5.2% alcohol, i wouldnt worry

Back