corking 375ml wine bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnync

Reaction score
Do you push the cork all the way in 375ml wine bottles?
can I use the same #9 corks with my floor corker?

Thanks

Push the corks all the way in, as long as they do not extend down past the neck. Sometimes they can suck into the bottle, and then you have a mess.

Many 375 ml bottles have smaller necks than 750 ml bottles. You might want to invest in some #7 corks.

I bottle primarily in 375 ml bottles and use #9 corks with my floor corker. I had trouble with one brand of corks (too tight), but haven't had any other problems. I have been under the impression that in general 750 ml uses #9, 375 uses #8, and 187 ml uses #7.

This website gives some recommendations. Wine Making Bottles | HomeBrewIt.com

I can use #9s with my floor corker, but the bottles are too short. Believe it or not, a hockey puck under the bottle works beautifully! If you don't play hockey, any solid object that won't slip will do.

I can use #9s with my floor corker, but the bottles are too short. Believe it or not, a hockey puck under the bottle works beautifully! If you don't play hockey, any solid object that won't slip will do.

I've have now lived 11 years in the south and I still carry a puck around in my glove compartment.

You never know when a game might break out!

Latest posts

Back