What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dcHokie said:
Looks like it is probably Strangelove's.

Was just thinking about that place. Owner said he'd send me a tilquin quetshce if I couldn't find it.

Looks like it is probably Strangelove's.

GI is doing this Migration Week tour, last week it was at Churchkey in DC. I didn't go, but similar lineup:

Bottles:

King Henry 2011
Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout 2012
Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout 2010
Juliet 2010
Madame Rose 2010
Madame Rose 2012

Draft:

Bourbon County Brand Stout - Cherry Rye 2012
Night Stalker 2012
Madame Rose 2013
Pepe Nero 2013
Matilda 2013
Sofie 2013
Pere Jacques 2013
The Illinois 2013
Oktoberfest 2013
Matilda Lambicus 2013

I didn't even realize Strangelove's was going to have a GI takeover, also. Bishop's Collar and Sidecar are the two I'm aware of.

*edit* nevermind...read your post wrong...Churchkey.

My coconut porter!

image-1416072317.jpg

Head retention my ass!

image-2239909749.jpg

Remmy said:
For the record, non-NYC people is what ****s up every borough. Tourist bastards. Transplants. It's sickening. Wannabe NYCers.

+1 see my rant on this exact subject about 40 pages back. :mug:

WesleyS said:
Whatever, dude. NYC blows and we all know it. ;) Overcrowded city full of pricks and assnuggets. Why anyone would aspire to live or do business there is beyond me.

Blow me while I wear your Dumass ten gallon hat. ;D

Haha I realize my first post did not sound sarcastic at all. So I'm editing this to let it be known I was joking.

For the record, non-NYC people is what ****s up every borough. Tourist bastards. Transplants. It's sickening. Wannabe NYCers.

+1 see my rant on this exact subject about 40 pages back. :mug:

What about folks who are just there to judge a homebrew competition a couple times a year? Does that qualify me as a tourist bastard?

Last of the red I brewed for my wife last year. She insisted I drink it so she could have the last of my Thunder Snow American Brown that she so dearly loves. Don't tell her, but I'm pretty sure I lost the recipe for the brown. She's going to be mad when she finds out.

20130917_172500.jpg

I didn't even realize Strangelove's was going to have a GI takeover, also. Bishop's Collar and Sidecar are the two I'm aware of.

*edit* nevermind...read your post wrong...Churchkey.

Strangelove's is hosting one of the GI tap takeovers on the 24th, Churchkey was last week. Looks like GI is doing a whole 'rarities' tour called Migration Week.

http://www.strangelovesbeerbar.com/events.html

Dave37 said:
Blow me while I wear your Dumass ten gallon hat. ;D

Haha I realize my first post did not sound sarcastic at all. So I'm editing this to let it be know I was joking.

Ah man! And I had a equally offensive post already typed out and everything.

dcHokie said:
that ain't bad

No, super nice guy.

Gawd beer here sucks. Sam Adams Oktoberfest from a dirty tap line. Not my fav, but it didnt leave the brewery with diacetyl. Hopefully the 13 rebels from French broad is better.

WesleyS said:
Ah man! And I had a equally offensive post already typed out and everything.

Ahh I almost wish I wasn't so quick to fix it! Would've liked to see the response you had lined up for me! :mug:

Im not drinking on the weekdays anymore (or try too) but I took samples of my brews.

My esb will be good. Will see once carbonated

My spontaneous brew is light (suppose to be, party gyle) hint of lemon. Will wait and see

This is my golden sour from jester king dreges..... holy crap. Best brew I made. So tastey flat. Cant wait to bottle. First taste since brewing it in march. Need to oak it soon... yummy
ForumRunner_20130917_165641.png

nukebrewer said:
What about folks who are just there to judge a homebrew competition a couple times a year? Does that qualify me as a tourist bastard?

Last of the red I brewed for my wife last year. She insisted I drink it so she could have the last of my Thunder Snow American Brown that she so dearly loves. Don't tell her, but I'm pretty sure I lost the recipe for the brown. She's going to be mad when she finds out.

Big difference. You don't live there and act like you're a New Yorker!

NIZZLE said:
Holy sheeet tyzippers is the man fo shizzle!

My garage is in need of some serious repairs :-D

Meh. "I've had better."

Channel66 said:
I won't be working with them! Got a better offer

That's awesome that you are going to be living the dream soon. Where will you be working, and what will you be doing when you get to where it is you're going? Congratulations are definitely due. :mug:

I see some Northern Ohio beers in that haul. Hoppin Frog is pretty good stuff from Akron. I've got three of there bombers in my collection. Haven't had there stout yet. Gettin time for more Left hand Milk & nitro stout. Got three more Berlin Wheats left for after brewday tomorrow. Goin to make 5 more gallons of Maori IPA with fresh NZ hops this time to go with the Cougar Country IPA fermenting since Sunday. Dang,I wish I wasn't near broke. Maybe a pint of vodka to split between me & the airlock bottle?...

First time comparing the same beer side by side different years. 2012 has a lot more malt flavor. The hops are still present in 2013. I really dig this beer in both years. I think I give the edge to 2012 though. The flavors seem to mesh much better in it.

image-2297241348.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
What you havent learned by now Remmy has the best and is best at everything. :D

I'm definitely NOT. Just glad I don't live near Detroit. :D

Holy sheeet tyzippers is the man fo shizzle!

View attachment 148778

View attachment 148779

View attachment 148780

View attachment 148781

View attachment 148782

View attachment 148783

My garage is in need of some serious repairs :-D

I'm gonna punch you in the kidneys, then the balls, then square in the Adams Apple. I'm going easy on you 'cause I like you.

hey ty, wanna trade? I can get you both kinds of beer: BMC & BMC Light Golden 64 Ultra in fancy special lined vortex plastic bottles to ensure their triple hoppedness.

having my Mosaic Rye IPA. I missed a bottle in the fridge. now down to 5.

Dave37 said:
Ahh I almost wish I wasn't so quick to fix it! Would've liked to see the response you had lined up for me! :mug:

Haha! I was just joking. I didn't really have anything typed up, but I can give you a few responses off the top of my head if you'd like.

That's awesome that you are going to be living the dream soon. Where will you be working, and what will you be doing when you get to where it is you're going? Congratulations are definitely due. :mug:

I'll be the fermentologist (yeah it's a real thing) /yeast wrangler/pocket protector chief, at a major player in the belgo-American brewing game.

ForumRunner_20130917_154426.png

New Mother Earth Anniversary glass helping the taste buds enjoy my Experimental Trappist beer w/D90, it's statting to lighten in color and mouthfeel is finally perfectly even, ahh yeah I love brew day

First time comparing the same beer side by side different years. 2012 has a lot more malt flavor. The hops are still present in 2013. I really dig this beer in both years. I think I give the edge to 2012 though. The flavors seem to mesh much better in it.

View attachment 148787

Im saving some from this year to try with different years too, that 2012 is really carbed

Back