What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tried NB Deadringer Ale 2 wks after bottling...hallelujah....drank a bells two hearted right after and am very surprised at how close an extract kit came to the actual beer!!

Crushed. Thanks Remmy.

ForumRunner_20130809_215445.jpg

Thanks! My nephews don't have a clue that its me who's adopting them. It's gonna be hard, but at least I know they're not gonna be passed around from house to house in the foster system. They really needed a stable environment (ones 9 and the other is 5), and a place to call home. Hence, the reason I'm gonna get fooking smashed tonight...

Cheers Jerry. You're doing a great thing.

Now get smashed..

Great beer here. This is my first Jack's Abbey brew and I've got to say I think they pulled off IPL quite well. Great American hop aroma and flavor, dry finish, but great lager character with none of the harsh bitterness generally associated with very hoppy beers. Still trying to decide if I like the way I took the pic.

Sexy picturee. I like to be alone with my beer too. Lmao.. my wife got a kick outta this one too. Chief!!!

I'm about to crack into a homebrew bitter, as a means to rehydrate after bottling. I forgot how pale and melon-y it was.

Me too. On a side note, it looks like I'm the first one here to try Prairie Puncheon. It's fooking phenomenal! It reminds me of drinking lemonade mixed with a Bret aged beer, or a sour aged Saison. I gotta go back tomorrow for a couple more bottles for the cellar...

Send me one sounds foooking deelicious

:p

NIZZLE said:
You might want to see a doctor for that Wes not a beer drinking form HA! :-D

Was that too much information? :D
By the way NOZZLE, it's good to see you drinking something other than Coors Light. ;)

Another great one from Jack's Abbey. I will say, though, that even though it's a lager with the higher hopping rate required for a double IPL it's hard to avoid it coming off as an ale. If I didn't have prior knowledge of it being a lager, I would say it's a DIPA. Like I said, great beer for a hop head, but the smooth lager character just isn't there.

20130809_222400.jpg

image-447810573.jpg

HB Back to Basics pale ale. 2-row, Munich, victory and wheat, 5oz hops, hop bursted and hopstand, 43 IBU.

NIZZLE said:
Send me one sounds foooking deelicious

:p

I'll put you on the list. I'm hoping to have a case set back soon. I'll get your info when it's cool enough to ship.

Ok guys, I've had a beer that comes as close to Heady Topper as I've ever had! It's from Tallgrass, and it's their Ethos IPA. Wow, this stuff is almost orgasmic! Yeah, I can see a lot being put in my beer cellar, and soon!

Edit: of course, I'm pretty drunk, so tastes may vary...

DisturbdChemist said:
Having this in Brownville after fishing and my first round of golf. Im sore and hurting

I've been meaning to try that, but its a little more than I want to spend on a bomber. I need to catch it on tap somewhere.

And this is Texas! Why isn't that Whataburger ketchup instead of Heinz? ;)

WesleyS said:
I've been meaning to try that, but its a little more than I want to spend on a bomber. I need to catch it on tap somewhere.

And this is Texas! Why isn't that Whataburger ketchup instead of Heinz? ;)

Mmmm... Whataburger ketchup! I'm so glad there's one in every town around here!
Still drinking Ethos...

Back