Monkey juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have twenty litres of it on the go at the moment, it'll take a long time to mellow as presently at the three month mark it has a taste a bit like black banana skins, so I'm not planning on drinking it for another year at least.

I started a banana wine about two months ago. Last taste test was a month ago when I racked it. Smelled like a ripe banana but tastes like a green unripe banana.

From what I've read... the banana wine won't be very good until the 1 1/2 to 2 year mark. Yooper said that it is very strong tasting until that point. Once you're at the 2 year mark, it should have been mellowed out and the banana taste should have come back in full force. Can't wait to try this out myself...

Thanks for the helpful info. I started mine a couple nights ago. It looks just awful, and smells like a banana bread factory.

Back