First Ever Brew, GF American Brown Ale Hope It Comes Out Good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlin8015

Reaction score
Brewed my first ever beer yesterday, I tweeked the GF American Brown Ale recipe listed in this section. Everything seems to be fine, no noticeable activity in the Primary though. Pitched yeast at 6pm last night, found that people say its possible to not have any noticeable activity for 72 hours so I'm letting it do its thing. Hope it all turns out good, I'm pretty stoked!

Brewed my first ever beer yesterday, I tweeked the GF American Brown Ale recipe listed in this section. Everything seems to be fine, no noticeable activity in the Primary though. Pitched yeast at 6pm last night, found that people say its possible to not have any noticeable activity for 72 hours so I'm letting it do its thing. Hope it all turns out good, I'm pretty stoked!

Nice, I'm interested to hear what you tweaked.

+1 on waiting, you will walk by or look at the fermenter and notice activity before you know it.

Woohoo, she's bubbling away I can't wait to get it in bottles and try it! I heard oats would give the beer more body, I had GF steel cut oats so I replaced the buckwheat with that. I hope it turns out well.

Back