Why I won't be around HBT for awhile...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
This isn't a "goodbye" thread; instead it's a "see ya later" thread.

Two things have come up in the last three days that is going to severely limit (or altogether destroy) my HBT presence for awhile.

1) I got a new jayohbee that’s going to keep me super busy (in a good way) and I won't be able to surf HBT while at work any more :(

2) SWMBO and I just got hit with a pretty big (ok huge) bill that we've got 3 months to pay (in the long run it's a good thing though.....I'll tell yall about it when the time comes :D) and we've got to save every penny we can from now until 12/25/08. So, we're forced to cut some things out for a little while....including cable and internet service. This is probably the BIGGEST reason I won't be around HBT.

I'll still be brewing though so don't worry about that...I've got PLENTY of malt and hops :D

So, who wants to take over the WHMBP for awhile? I know I haven't been on it that much lately because I've been busy and theirs a lot of folks that need to be added. Whoever wants it please email me.

Well, you guys can still email me for whatever reason (I check my email from my phone) at [email protected]

Take it easy and see ya soon!

Cheers :mug:

Oh, and don’t take me off the 999…I’ll be back for that for sure!

Sorry to see you go, dude! Please do check back in once in awhile if you come across some internet access. Good luck saving dollaz!

We shall miss ya, and hurry back. Good luck on whatever the huge bill involves, Hopefully its the 160" Plasma tv that you forgot you ordered late one night after drinking and now they won't return it.

*edit* Dangit I actually thought I'd have the first reply on this. T'was empty when i started typing.

Ugh, well....I just trained my replacement. I tried to get her to work the rest of the day so I could leave early but she didn't know she'd be working today so didn't. Only 2.5hrs left at a job that I basiclly don't have any more.

Ok ok so I've been dabbling in HBT for a few months now and never explained WTF happend....I hope these pics can shed a little light on the subject :D

n1465390779_30072244_4650208.jpg

n1465390779_30072243_283754.jpg

Oh and the big ass bill we had to save up for was for our honeymoon in Jamaica (which was awesome!). Now we've got to save up again and move back to Austin!!

Congrats!

So, uh.... seems like that all happened pretty suddenly (unexpected bill, etc.).

Was the wedding "expedited" for any particular reason? ;)

Congrats!

So, uh.... seems like that all happened pretty suddenly (unexpected bill, etc.).

Was the wedding "expedited" for any particular reason? ;)

Haha no, we don't plan on any uh, brewing assistants :), for at least a couple more years...gotta move back to Austin first!

The unexpected bill was bc we got a killer deal on our honeymoon and had to jump on it...not exactly sure why I elected to keep that secret at that time :drunk:

Thanks everybody :D

Well, I'm back in Austin...not brewing much these days :( It's been since May since I've brewed...but after the end of the month when SWMBO and I actually finish everything up and close on this:

9019_1122492350252_1465390779_30308737_5785797_n.jpg

I should be able to brew some in my new garage :D I've got an old friend in town who's interested in learning how to brew as well so it'll be good to have a brew buddy.

Total long shot but: I'm looking for a job in the Austin area if anyone want to help a fellow HBT'er out :D

Bis Spater

Nice looking place and brand new, if they are still finishing it up maybe you could convince them to build a cold room for you or plumb all the electrical/gas you need to the garage :)

Sounds good Saccharomyces...Don't think I can make this weekend but we'll definitely need to meet up at some point. I'm looking forward to meeting other Austin brewers as well...

The house is out in Manor actually...close enough to Austin though. I dooo have a job (I'm working remotely for the place I worked for in Corpus) But I really hate it and it doesn't pay very well...SWMBO luckily has a decent job.

I've been on the job hunt for 6wks now...had a few interviews that I thought went well but obviously didn't :( Something will work out though...once we close on the house I'm strongly considering a part time job just to help out since my current, remote, job is so flexible.

The house is out in Manor actually...close enough to Austin though.

Manor... I'm in Pflugerville, practially next door to you. :)

I'll def. keep you in the loop on the meet ups. Soperbrew and I usually head to the Flying Saucer and then to the Draught House for Tuesday happy hours when the Zealots have roaming happy hour at the Draught House. It can get pretty rowdy with 12-14 homebrewers sitting around one table. :D

Sounds good Saccharomyces...Don't think I can make this weekend but we'll definitely need to meet up at some point. I'm looking forward to meeting other Austin brewers as well...

The house is out in Manor actually...close enough to Austin though. I dooo have a job (I'm working remotely for the place I worked for in Corpus) But I really hate it and it doesn't pay very well...SWMBO luckily has a decent job.

I've been on the job hunt for 6wks now...had a few interviews that I thought went well but obviously didn't :( Something will work out though...once we close on the house I'm strongly considering a part time job just to help out since my current, remote, job is so flexible.

Don't get depressed on the interviews. There are probably tons of people looking ATM and they maybe even hired someone who knew someone or some person with a very killer resume. Keep looking and you will find something.

+1 Thanks Homercidal. I know a lot of people out there have it rougher than I do. I really hate my job but I'm really, really thankful that I have it. At first I wasn't going to work remotely I was just going to quite but that would have been an extremely bad move if I had done so...

There is a long history of entrepreneurship in my family and I'm always scheming about what kind of business I want to open...and actually can...

Something will happen, I know that for sure.

Anyway, thanks everybody for the comments on the house. :D

Ok... sorry for being "that guy"... but what the hell!?!?

I just read this post from the beginning and here I am feeling all bad thinking, "Oh man... whatta bummer... a HBT'r falling on hard times"

yeah... I get the whole job loss thing and I DO feel bad about that.

BUT!!

YOU GOT MARRIED, WENT TO JAMAICA AND BOUGHT A NICE NEW HOUSE!?!? THAT was the big thing???

I feel robbed.

emotionally robbed.

(congrats on comin' back though... and in the end, it's cool news that it WASN'T really bad stuff... I still feel robbed though)

I lost a keg of blonde ale the other day if that makes you feel better Cape

Maybe your avitar is correct, maybe I don't have enough to impress you :D

Again though, don't know why the hell I felt it necessary to keep it a secret when I started this thread :drunk:

some one needs to say something tasteless....
well I guess I will have to do it.

Uh so wow your wife had some hot brides bridesmaids...WOOT
got any more pics of numbers #1 #4 and #5 ?

number one is huge, but I think I am up to the challenge,
number 5 looks pretty good too however dwarft by the stacher of #1

(wonders witch one is Alamos Sister.?.?. ducts for cover from flying bricks)

oh and hey you are short a groomsmen?

Losing beer never makes me happy.

You should have been celebrating though!!! It was, for the most part, GOOD reasons you weren't going to be around.

Meh... anyway...welcome back, congrats on the new digs and fingers crossed for you on the job front.

....allllllllthough..... you DID say the babymakin' was gonna start after you were back in the Austin area.

(que the Barry White music)

Awwwwwwwwwwwww... yeaaaaaaaaaah.....

#5 is my wife's 14yr old sister :D

#1 is actually a model...

#4 is in a hospital in China for the next month with a dislocated knee (don't know why that's relevant but thought it crazy)

My sister wasn't a bridesmaid...

Sorry about the loss of the beer... If it helps you can bring a few growlers by my place and fill 'em up anytime. :D

Your wedding pics are great, none of ours turned out that nice, unfortunately, and none of the bridesmaids were that hawt either. :drunk:

Yeah, I'm super impressed with our wedding pics...my stepmom is a photographer so I thought I knew how it was done and all but...our photographer blew my stepmom away. She did a great job.

I might very well take you up on the growler filling some day :D For now though I've got a keg of stout, apfelwein, a little bit of smoked porter, and the 999 so...I'm good for now :D

Haha I can understand why...I've only had a couple pints of it but man, it's ridiculously smooth...to the point of being dangerous :drunk:

I've only had a handful of barleywines but they've all had that thick cough syrup-y taste to them that this one is (thankfully) lacking...:mug:

Back