Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeyWestBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to The Craft Beer Make A Wish(Easy Version) Thread!!! Open to any member of 90+ days and 100+ posts. CONUS only.

The Rules

1. A member will make a wish for several beers they would like to have.

2. Then, someone who is able to provide at least 2 beers on the list, will post up ‘that they can fulfill the wish and then post their own wish list of beers. Grants MUST be done in the open thread only.

3. Once you see the post fulfilling your wish, send a pm to that person with your shipping address.

4. Ship your wish fulfillment package in a timely manner. There is no quicker way to generate ire from your HBT peers than to leave them waiting. If there is a delay in getting it out...COMMUNICATE. We all know things pop up, be courteous and give your wish recipient a heads up.

5. If someone accepts to fulfill the current MAW and doesnt follow through, the unfulfilled wish list will be back up for grabs. As well, anyone that doesnt follow through may be prohibited from future MAW participation.

6. Shipping must include tracking, when you get the package sent out.... A) send the tracking info via PM to the recipient and B) Post in the open thread that a PM has been sent to the recipient with the tracking info. Do not post tracking info in the open thread. Doing so will result in being banned from the MAW, period.

7. Let the members know when youve received your package by posting up pictures of your MAW.

8. Please wait a week after fulfilling a wish before doing so again. This allows for others to participate in the thread.

9. This kind of thread ebbs and flows, sometimes it is extremely active, others it moves slow. Use this to judge if your wishes need to expanded.

10. REGULAR PRODUCTION AND SEASONAL RELEASES ONLY!!!!! If the beer is generally hard to find or very limited do not add it to your wish list or you'll be asked to remove it. The idea is that these beers should be easily available to the majority within the distribution area, this applies for seasonal releases as well. If its something you wait in line for at the brewery your in the wrong MAW.

Reminders and Suggestions:

-HBT is not responsible for any problems or mishaps should any arise

-Make sure your wish list is in the spirit of the Easy MAW. I know we all have a long wish list of beers we'd love to get our hands on. Just give them a look over before you post em up to be sure they are appropriate.

-Try to include 10 or more beers for your wish list. Having 10+ isnt mandatory but the more beers you list, the better the chance of someone having a few to grant.

-Trader Feedback should be used for these passes.

-You have to grant a wish before posting yours.

-This is not a contest of quantity or who can outdo who. At least 2 beers from the wish list and perhaps a few extras if you feel, especially homebrews!

Note: The following member will be moderating this thread. If you have any suggestions or if there are any along the way, please send a pm and theyll do their best to handle the situation. Allow them to address these situations via PM, rather than discussing it in this thread.

KeyWestBrewing, finsfan

Thank you all and let the Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version) begin :ban:

Thanks to key west for kicking this off! Heres a quick list while im out but will update here in an hour or so

Alesmith ipa
Dales pale ale
Any surly
Any founders
Any russian river
Any terrapin
Any oskar blue
Westbrook gose :D

I will elaborate later. Thanks in advance!

Dragons milk
Heady topper
Southern teir warlock / creme brule
Mad elf
And.. any other ris or iipa thats yummy that I cant get in colorado / wyoming
:)

awesome idea, been lurking on MAW for months and never have more than 1, I like this idea a lot and can't wait to finally fulfill a MAW of some kind!

awesome idea, been lurking on MAW for months and never have more than 1, I like this idea a lot and can't wait to finally fulfill a MAW of some kind!

Exactly why I contacted keywest with this idea! I never have anything rare or special brewery release around me plus this should be a little less expensive and more people should get a chance to participate :rockin:

RR:
Pliny
Consecration
Temptation
Supplication

Heady
Goose island Juliet

Fw:
Parabola
Sucaba

KBS
any cantillon
Surly abrasive

Is this list cool? Will add more if it's too tough for the easy maw

RR: Pliny
Consecration
Temptation
Supplication

Heady
Goose island Juliet
Fw:
Parabola
Sucaba

KBS
any cantillon
Surly abrasive
Any hill farmstead
Any New glarus sour
3F Oude gueuze

Consecration
Temptation
Supplication

Heady
Goose island Juliet
Fw:
Parabola
Sucaba

KBS
any cantillon
Surly abrasive
Any hill farmstead
Any New glarus sour
3F Oude gueuze

dammit! I should have put new glarus on my list :( I have never had one before

finsfan said:
dammit! I should have put new glarus on my list :( I have never had one before

I've only had a few... I was lucky enough the have the r&d very sour blackberry and it was life changing... Everything I've had from them has been solid

I've only had a few... I was lucky enough the have the r&d very sour blackberry and it was life changing... Everything I've had from them has been solid

Thats what I have heard, all good things about them. I need to make a list and keep it in my wallet for the next time im up

Nice to see this start up and hope I can grant more than the one I did in the regular MAW. Not surprised KBS took only 3 lists to show up.

Great idea! I'll be keeping an eye on this one as well since I've never had more than one on the lists in the other MAW thread. These should be a little easier for me to fulfill, except the current one.

Same as others...been trolling MAW for 6 months at least and have only seen one local beer on maybe 3 lists (Love Child #3). I might actually get to start trading!

It's my birthday today as well so thanks for the gift of easy MAWs KeyWest!

MustBeZ said:
Same as others...been trolling MAW for 6 months at least and have only seen one local beer on maybe 3 lists (Love Child #3). I might actually get to start trading! It's my birthday today as well so thanks for the gift of easy MAWs KeyWest!
Happy Birthday :mug:

Same as others...been trolling MAW for 6 months at least and have only seen one local beer on maybe 3 lists (Love Child #3). I might actually get to start trading!

Happy bday man!

I think you mean lurking, not trolling. ;)

I'll keep an eye on this one too. Although the current list is already heading in the direction of the other MAW thread

DrPhunk said:
I'll keep an eye on this one too. Although the current list is already heading in the direction of the other MAW thread

I'm getting a more together of easier ones... This was just to start I knew there are some people that can get or have these for trade pretty regularly..

Updated for the night

Consecration
Temptation
Supplication

Heady
Goose island Juliet or Gillian

Fw: Parabola
Sucaba
Velvet merkin

KBS
any cantillon
Surly abrasive
Any hill farmstead
Any New glarus sour
3F Oude gueuze
Founders rubaeus

Bruery:
Any sour

Cascade sang noir, vlad, kriek, or something funky

This won't stay easy with lists like this... You usually have to wait in line for hill farmstead, btw.

Trying to think of beer people can regularly get at stores that don't distribute to me... I know hill farmstead was a stretch... Ill keep adding

Latest posts

Back