Wine coolers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends. Details?

I use a mist wine kit and at the final step where it says bottle, I just put it into a keg.
When serving, I just give it half a sec of co2 which provides enough pressure and if it gets too low, I add more. At the end of the day, I just pull the release valve to vent any excess co2.... unless I want fizzy wine cooler.

If you don't want to carbonate then use nitrogen. Otherwise keg as normal. I just finished kegging a tart cherry riesling 10 min ago. I add in co2 with the release valve pulled just to purge any o2..

Personally, I'd actually go with the cheapest option for wine coolers. If you have more than co2 handy, use it, but I don't feel the need to get anything different specifically for an inexpensive wine cooler that'll be gone in a month, if not sooner.

Now my regular wine and mead however... as soon as I get the money I'm getting something better.

And good point, yes, purge.

Back