Help! Don't know what to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idedek

Reaction score
I am stuck. I have been brewing consistently brewing fortnightly for the last few months and I am stuck I don't know what to brew next. I am not looking for a long aging process as I need something to drink in 3 weeks or so. I have recently made: maple stout, american brown, rhubarb blond ale, pilsner, saison, Black IPA and an american IPA. Any suggestions would be helpful. Cheers.

for a fast turnaround a low gravity bitter, blonde or pale ale would fit your time frame.

Agree with sonex, but you have to have the capacity to force carb - no way to be drinkable from bottling in that timeframe.

Hefeweizen, I've had carbed up bottles 4 weeks after brewday. I'm sure if you rushed it along you could be drinking it after a few weeks.

good catch homebrewdad, I always assume kegging I have not bottled a beer in years. ;) my bad.

Nah, no bad at all - just reminding the OP that kegging is his only hope. You *might* get a lower gravity beer to carb up in two weeks in bottles, but you'd be pushing it.

If you made a bigger saison, I would think about something lighter and Belgian. Something over the top on hop aroma. The surly cynic clone from northerbrewer was probably my favorite beer I've made this summer. It fits the bill.

I wish I had your problem, I got a million things I wanna brew and no time!

Blonde for sure. A Honey Bee Ale by midwest is always good if you can force carb it.

I wish I had your problem, I got a million things I wanna brew and no time!

You and me both. I have the grains ready to go for a Standard Bitter and a Saison (that I'm going to do a sour mash on), but I can never actually carve out the time to get it done.

All grain or extract?

I just brewed a Roggenbier last night. 50% rye, 50% pils or pale (your choice), shoot for 1.050 gravity, light hopping and hefeweizen yeast. You should have no problem turning that in 2 weeks or less. It's as easy as a hefeweizen but will give you something unique and a rarer style to drink.

(Just remember -- RICE HULLS -- 50% rye will stick your sparge like concrete without them).

Back