12-12-12 Wee Heavy Recipe Formulation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally transferred mine from aging vessel to serving/carbonating keg(s)... FG hit 1.023, 12.48-12.5%. :rockin::rockin::ban: Going to pour some in about two weeks to see how it came out. Going to carbonate to about 2.0 CO2 volumes.

Okay guys. Sorry this is a couple days late. I've been busy with work and interviewing for a new job. I'll fill you in if I get the job but it's pretty awesome. : P

So from here we'll start a new thread which will have the same list. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/12-12-12-old-ale-swap-critique-thread-372231/#post4653672

CA-LT1
Stephonovich
JuanKenobi
Smokinghole

Juan Kenobi
Stephonovich
CrystallineEntity
CA-LT1

XeeroHour
CrystallineEntity
Smokinghole
MDVDuber

CrystallineEntity
Xeerohour
JuanKenobi
Stephonovich

Stephonovich
CrystallineEntity
bottlebomber
xeerohour

MDVDuber
JuanKenobi
Cromwell
bottlebomber

Bottlebomber
Smokinghole
MDVDuber
Cromwell

Cromwell
CA-LT1
MDVDuber
xeerohour

Smokinghole
CA-LT1
Cromwell
bottlebomber

Hows this sound for the swap rules?

You'll ship to three randomly assigned people
You'll receive from two randomly assigned people
You'll ship a minimum of 44 ounces. (Two 22 ouncers, four 12 ouncers or any combination thereof).
As with previous x/x/x swaps, at least two of the bottles (regardless of size) should be the 12-12-12 Wee Heavy. You are welcome to also include other creations that the recipient might enjoy sooner. No "crap" beer that you just need to get rid of please.
In the end, we should all end up with at least 6 bottles of 12-12-12 and likely some additional varieties.

Please consider carefully:
If you are not 100% convinced that you will see this through, please do not agree to participate.
Please agree only if you are relatively sober at the time...then you can get as druck as you like...
If you've stiffed anyone in a prior swap, you need not apply.
If you've been stiffed in a prior swap, PM me with info and I'll filter the list accordingly.

Anyone who brewed this beer is elgible to participate!

I'd like to have everything arranged by 27Nov2012 so that we have a couple weeks to complete shipping, receiving, etc. So please respond in this thread before that time. I'll randomly assign each participant 2 recipients and post up the matches. At that time, it will be up to you to contact your recipients to get shipping info, etc.

It's a copy and paste from KingBrianI's 11-11-11 swap. The main difference is I opted to just have each of us ship to two people instead of three. We can certain ship to three though if you guys are willing. Let me know in the next day how many you want to ship to whether two or three.

I'd like to get everything wrapped up by the 27th. So we have a couple weeks to ship. Once everything is settled I will put everyone's names in a bowl and draw for who's shipping to who. Then I will post up the results and everyone can PM each other for shipping details.

These are the rules , correct?

Four 12oz or two 22oz to each person?

I ask because I've been pm'd about a six pack swap.

Thanks.

I think that's my bad - guess it's a 4 pack, not a six pack. I didn't re-check the rules and threw together the PM from memory.

I think I was thinking 2 bottles for 3 people = six pack, and got confused. Or something. :drunk:

CrystallineEntity said:
These are the rules , correct?

Four 12oz or two 22oz to each person?

I ask because I've been pm'd about a six pack swap.

Thanks.

That's what I had thought. 4 beers, 2 of which must be the 12.12.12

From the way, way back I found one of my 12-12-12 wee heavy beers from this recipe build, put in the fridge and chilled down. Surprisingly, this beer has held up pretty well. Nose is a little boozy, and it seems to have thinned out a bit (maybe it was always thin) but it still tastes pretty good.
IMG_4438.jpg

Back