Getting ready to join the wild brewer ranks...a couple questions first?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SethMasterFlex

Reaction score
I'm looking to brew my first lambic in the next few months. I'm also a microbiologist and happened upon the thread containing all the wonderful Brett, lacto, and whatever else is growing picture thread. I see this stuff every day at work (in which case it is usually quite disgusting), but these all looked absolutely delicious and is really giving me the push to start wild brewing.

My question is, do you guys/gals use carboys that are clearly designated for we brewing only to prevent cross contamination. Do you ferment them away from other stuff you're fermenting to not spread bugs? Do you clean your equipment with PBW/starsan, or do you have to use other stuff to get rid of the bugs?

P.S. I do plan on picking up Wild Brewing and giving it a read through before I embark on my journey, I'd just like to hear it from the experienced wild brewers first :mug:

Back